Dacjohns--Changes

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Just a few thoughts that probably aren't even worth two cents. I really shouldn't put myself down like that should I?

First of all I like this forum. I like most of the people (at least my perception of them) on this forum. I've seen members come and go. The ones that have a hard time adjusting to it usually leave pretty soon.

A year ago the members of this forum were real good at keeping themselves under control. Sure, there were a few heated political arguements but they didn't last long. There were a few personality conflicts but people got over them. Today I come on and find things in disarry. People had their feelings hurt. I don't know what happened and I hope that it doesn't get discussed on this thread beyond what I have to say.

This is a forum about self sufficiency or as I like to say, self reliance. There are many ways of working towards that goal. There is room on here for hunters and people that don't hunt. There is room on here for people that raise small and large animals for the protein they produce and for those that believe in only using vegetable matter that has fallen from its plant. There is room for everyone and from what I have seen everyone has respected (even if they disagreed) the others right to live their lifestyle.

We usually get along no matter what our religious, political, sexual orientation, or eating beliefs are.

What I have learned to do is if there is member that regularly posts things I strongly disagree with is to ignore that person. If there is a thread that offends me I stay away from it. If you don't like seeing dead animals stay away from the hunting and fishing threads or threads about processing animals. They are usually identified. Sometimes we forget to put a warning in the title but look at the topic it comes under.

Personal journals are that. A way for members to share and interact with others. Sometimes they get way too personal. Stay away from them if it bothers you. If something bothers you that much don't post on that thread. That thread will keep coming back to haunt you. Sometimes even a year later when you thought it was dead.

That's about all I have to say right now. To my friends on here that have been here awhile, please don't go. To the new people, get to know the forum and find out if it is really for you and please don't pass judgement. To the judgemental, nothing.
I agree wholeheartedly!

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
High Mr. Jacdons,

I ben bizzy allz summer, but got on hear an saw that chew got ur self a new granson.

Frum watt U wrote Oktober the 20eth shows that ur gonna be won Jim Dandy uv a Granpaw.

Hardly

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
High to you, Gina, Wife & Mom with 3 munchkins, an ornery dog, 1 cat, chickens, turkeys and 2 acres of crazy!!!!

:th oops :clap no that ain't it nither :frow ther it tis.

Hardly

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hey, Hardly! Good to see you on here. Bin wunderinh how yew was doin.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Tallman said:
High Mr. Jacdons,

I ben bizzy allz summer, but got on hear an saw that chew got ur self a new granson.

Frum watt U wrote Oktober the 20eth shows that ur gonna be won Jim Dandy uv a Granpaw.

Hardly
Thank you Hardly. I sure am proud of my grandkids and my kids. I'm almost ready to bust some buttons I'm so swelled up with pride.

I made a post over in your diary.