Damummis'- Auf wiedersehen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
These nice sunny days are making one sore female. Turned the front garden. This year that garden is devoted to beans and peas. I have some pole beans my G-G-Grandfather brought from Italy in 1887. They have been passed down. I am now part keeper of the bean. :D

Belle my hen that just hatched 4 peeps just layed again. Yay, things are going good.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Damummis said:
These nice sunny days are making one sore female. Turned the front garden. This year that garden is devoted to beans and peas. I have some pole beans my G-G-Grandfather brought from Italy in 1887. They have been passed down. I am now part keeper of the bean. :D

Belle my hen that just hatched 4 peeps just layed again. Yay, things are going good.
Have you sent any in to seed savers? They'll help propagate and perpetuate the line for you. Super cool company, I always order seeds from there. Love em! :)

Oh, and welcome!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
ToLiveToLaugh said:
Damummis said:

Have you sent any in to seed savers? They'll help propagate and perpetuate the line for you. Super cool company, I always order seeds from there. Love em! :)

Oh, and welcome!
Really??? That would be so cool. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
What a busy week. All the clearing and digging. I am so glad it is raining today. I need the rest.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
The weather is amazing. This is like an old school spring. Love it.
However with nice weather comes physical labor. Epsom Salt soaks for sure.

Got a bunch done on the "farm". Gardens turned and cold crop put in. Drainage dug for the new garden. Some of the swamp dug out for the ducks.

Garden in front yard.
1044_gardens_002.jpg

Garden in back yard.
1044_gardens_003.jpg

New garden in front of chicken coop so far.
1044_gardens_011.jpg

Swamp for ducks so far.
1044_gardens_012.jpg

The enlarged strawberry garden. Strawberry plants and grapes should be here this weekend.
1044_gardens_009.jpg

http://www.documentary-log.com/d1231-natural-world-farm-for-the-future/

Watched this documentary and was totally inspired. I think we will try to make the "forest" like this.

Well after all this hard work I can honestly say..... I can so kick my teenage self's butt!!!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Absolutely lovely! I hope you keep posting photos throughout the season so we can watch it grow with you!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It looks lovely. I'm working on the video right now. Apparently, either my computer isn't buffering correctly or the website is super busy. I'm guessing it's the second. I'll give my opinion on it when I've finished it but so far it'svery interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts