Damummis'- Auf wiedersehen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
whoooot!!!!

i think AL said it best when she first dressed her meats - she said "under those feathers there was a CHICKEN!"

so when you get over the shock... wow the meat you get is tremendous. whooooot!

i hope it encourages you to keep on keepin' on!

:)

* hugs Damummis *
Who knew?!?!?!? Craziness ;)

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
I have such a feeling of accomplishment. I thought I would feel all bad about Ol'Thelma but I don't.
I started some OT tail broth.
1044_thelma_food_009.jpg

The house smells amazing.

I figured I would torture you all with lunch. Leftovers from last nights OT pie.
1044_thelma_food_010.jpg

So now I am working on cleaning the kitchen. I remembered to take a pic of the mutant duck egg. All I can say is OUCH!!
1044_thelma_food_001.jpg

As for the farm I am working on drying off the girls. Daisy was ready but not Hazel. I am down to every other day. She still looks like this. And this pic was taken yesterday afternoon. I forgot the camera this morning when I milked her. A half gallon.
1044_thelma_food_006.jpg

That udder is begging to be milked.

The weather is getting rainy so I will be able to so inside things. I am debating what to do with OT's hide. I have it slathered with salt right now drying. Slippers? Rug? There is that project, soapmaking, starting wine with the blackberries in the freezer. So much to do. Now if I could stop ADDing to the next project and get the started ones done..... :p

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
LOL! You sound like me :D New project! I MUST LEARN THIS NEW THING!!!!!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Hi Abi,
I am glad I am not alone. :D

Today I have to take out some chickens. They have turned to the dark side and must die. :lol:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Coool! I wanna process more birds. That was awesome fun.

I get bored. Easily. *goes nuts*

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah, but getting bored and being bored aint the same, is it? ;) Dammumis, could you take a pic of your wine making project, pretty please? :)

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Pictures you say????

If only I had AA batteries..............

I will get some. It may just be a day or two.

As for wine, I have 5 gals of blackberry waiting to be racked, same with the elderberry and another 5 of blackberry started last night.

And for something completely different.

I ordered the Ewe-Tan-It kit to tan Ol'Thelma's hide. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
How did I get 8 eggs from 24 chickens and 4 eggs from 3 ducks? The chickens I found eating the eggs, freezer camp time and I have no idea about the duck eggs.

16 duck eggs in the incubator and 15 silver laced wyandottes and 10 meaties due the same week. Got some cleaning house to do....
Abi!!! I need help. If you lived closer.... You could have half of what we would process. 12 for you and 12 for me......

Status
Not open for further replies.