Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
Now that's a good man right there! Any man who will go on a public forum and announce that 'lil mama is the boss' is a purty wunnerful fella! Congrats Dawn - sounds like you got a keeper!
What he didn't tell ya was that I'd borrowed Deb whip and beat that out of him! :gig I'm seriously joking about that beating, though! I don't consider myself the boss...it's an even partnership, in my book...we share the pants! :gig He's definately a keeper and I'm so glad he's put up with me for as long as he has! :love

Just came in from the fire about an hour and a half ago...forgot I was supposed to pester ya's today! :lol: We usually sit out by the firepit year-round. It was soo hot this summer, even in the evenings that I mostly sucked up to the AC. :hide

Doc got the 2 trees down in the orchard area and we're really suprised at just how much it opened the area up! They were right next to the chicken coop and didn't really expect to be able to see such a difference! :celebrate

603_october_2_2012_022.jpg

603_october_2_2012_023.jpg

603_october_2_2012_024.jpg

603_october_2_2012_029.jpg

We've managed to thin the mouse population down by 4, in the past two days. :woot Haven't caught anything this evening but we'll keep the trap baited and make sure to keep up with it. They're coming in where Smoke can't get to them, so it's not her fault. If they come out to where she can get them, she's got'em. ;)

Tomorrows game plan is to hit the health food store for some Braggs ACV (and maybe Kombucha, if it's not too weird for this area :fl ) and then attack the piles of bagged-leaves to get them shredded. Will bag up some of them to keep them dry and store them in the soft-side shed.

Need to get the wheelbarrow emptied, too. Tried to this evening but the wood ash/bunny gold/shredded leaf combo has gotten rained on and it was too heavy for me to do. :hide Dooooooooc! :gig

Emptied the sawdust toilet and cleaned it. Refilled the tp and sawdust cans while doc took care of the trees and also fed/watered the critters.

It's so nice to have someone to work this place with! :D I do a lot on my own but I love it when we are both here together, whether it's working on a project together or we're doing seperate projects towards our goal! :love

Well, it's almost Wednesday, so I'm gonna end this and save up some pesterment towards tomorrow! :gig Love y'all and we're so glad to have ya's as a part of our lives! :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When you posted that, it was already Wednesday here!

I hear ya on both working towards a goal together. Hubby and I used to do that a lot in the past, not so much now and I miss it. :(

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Looks good Dawn! I miss hubster being here to help me too. I knew I would eventually...but it took me a month or so of him working :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll nearly made me snort coffee outta my nose. Sometimes ya gotta crack a whip at 'em - even if it's an imaginary one, lol! It is nice to work on projects. My city boy hubster is finally starting to enjoy it and is always asking what we're gonna do next. He's a keeper too - but it took a lot of whip crackin' to get him properly trained! :hide

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Kind of a productive day...got several bags of leaves shredded and I pulled the plug on that project once we hit bag after bag of wet stuff. Have 3 full 50# feed bags of shred for the buns' poop trays so I'm good to go for quite awhile, now. :D

Doc did the town run before that project and checked out the new health food store in Highland, looking for Bragg ACV and Kombucha. No luck with either one. I figured Kombucha was too weird for this area so I'm not suprised on that one but apparently there is a shortage of organic ACV due to a bad apple crop. No one is carrying gallon jugs of it and the local place only had 5 pint jars. :rolleyes: So, we'll be going to Batesville again tomorrow as we found a hfs with quart-sized jars of Braggs.

We are sitting here :drool right now as we've got a whole chickens in the 10-in-1, spinning around on the rotisserie. We are about to die from the delectable smells permeating this tiny space! :gig

603_october_3_2012_rotiserie_chicken_001.jpg

Some random pix from our day:

Smoke holding down the guinea run:

603_october_3_2012_the_woods_020.jpg

Cheyenne intent on a small pine that was apparently used as a deer rub, back by the pond:

603_october_3_2012_the_woods_010.jpg

Me and our little MTD 5HP Chipper/Shredder. We need to get the pull-cord replaced, then I'll be able to start it myself.

603_october_3_2012_tarantula_006.jpg

Seen our first tarantula of the year, early this afternoon.

One of many wild oregano aka American Dittany plants that reside in our woods:

603_october_3_2012_the_woods_006.jpg

Well, gonna close this now as the chicken is almost done! :drool

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I always do the creepy-crawly pix as a link so no one gets a suprise. Be glad I previewed the post cause I did the link wrong and the huge pic of the huge spider was showing! :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you! :bow

I simply don't like 'em.... but my 6'4", 240 lb son is TERRIFIED of spiders. I can't tell you how many times I've heard him scream like a little girl :ep when one got too close to him!

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yikes! That tarantula is huge. Hope I don't run into one in real life. I can handle little spiders, but that is terrifying!