Day started out good....then I just had to go to town...

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!! Glad to hear everyone is OK. If you can, post up a picture of the van and the damage so I can take a look at it.
The name of my business is Ohio Auto Inspector LLC. :cool:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
The state trooper told me we could take all the kids in to the ER or Pediatrician for check ups tomorrow. My insurance wants me to get them all checked out, too. The claims adjuster that is handling our claim on the end of our insurance said it's better safe than sorry on checking out the kids.

They are supposed to call tomorrow to let us know about a rental. Other guy's insurance is going to cover us having a rental vehicle until this is all settled. Our claims adjuster from our insurance put it in as mandatory that we get a 7 passenger.

Mostly I am worried about my 8 yr old. He was in the back seat passenger side where the guy hit us, so he got the full impact.

My FIL had come down when I called him and took the kiddos home after the state trooper released us to leave. He has offered to drive us in for check ups tomorrow.

The e-squad at the scene were adamant about knowing who the handicap plaque in the van was for. We told them DH and they asked him several times if he was Ok. They recommended he be assessed, too, incase it caused any further injuries to his back.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
HOLY CRAP!! Glad to hear everyone is OK. If you can, post up a picture of the van and the damage so I can take a look at it.
The name of my business is Ohio Auto Inspector LLC. :cool:
I've only the photos I took of my van. I wish I had my camera with me at the scene...the dudes car was, well it was smashed! The damage to my van is nothing compared to his car. I know the report will be available online and we intend to order the report and photos from the crash scene.

100_5004.jpg

100_5013.jpg

Reaction score
Yeah that's a total. It looks like it's a conversion van. If it is be sure they evaluate it as such and get all the features. The damage to the side panels will total it. If you have collision with your company ask them to do a total loss evaluation. If you have collision you can file through your company if their offer is better. Remember you can try to negotiate if the offer is too low.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Oh man! I'm glad you're all okay. I hope you will be given plenty of time to settle. My friend was sideswiped and the other guy's insuranced pushed settlement rather quickly, but she is still recovering almost 2 years later, needing therapy for their neck/spine injuries. I hope this is not the case for you!

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail, it looks like you are handling this thing really well. Very wise to post this on the forum so you can get some advice, and it looks like it is paying off for you. We all are witnessing the SS neighborhood way even though we are all miles apart. It's really something to watch!

:thumbsup

We are all hoping for the best!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh WOW! Quail, How scarey! I am so glad to hear no major injuries...but again, I must say like the others...be SURE to get everyone checked, and double checked. You poor thing....this is one of my fears.....I have to turn left onto my road from a hwy...im always scared some trucker wont see my S10. I am so glad everyone is "ok"

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im glad every one is ok.. But I would have every one go see a doctor though..

In the SS way of thinking.. I would go to a junk yard and pick up a light cover.. And just bang out the dent... Wont look that good.. But with a non-cracked light cover.. It should be road legal again.. That is if it didnt bend the frame or axles..

You should see what happened to my grandmas old car.. We had to take a hammer and pry the fender out of the tire. It was bent so bad the tire wouldnt move. Got new turn signal.. Still drove wonderfully, but looked so awful though.. It was a good old car..

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
:hugs I will say that I was glad to hear your FIL is offering help.

We used to have an old Dodge van (1985) we got for bartering with a friend. It only had 2 seats, so it was great for hauling stuff - but it sure wasn't easy on gas! It was built like a tank though.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your plans for the raised beds was interrupted so horribly. How is everyone today?