Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are fabulous. Your childhood helped to build you into the person you are today. You had no control over your childhood, but you are in control now. And you are ready for the things you cannot control. Your attitude is amazing and what your children will remember is how cool Mom was, camping out in the house. Instead of childhood memories of deprivation, your children will remember their Mom as ready for anything and taking what life slings at you and dealing with it. Your children are wealthy in positive life experiences, because they have you as their Mom.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you can't use a hot compress have you ever tried to use the cattle mint udder cream/rub? It creates a warmth in the udder and helps with blood flow. Rub it on the outside of the udder and it smells good and does not affect the milk or anything like that. ALL my dairyman use it for hard udders, for all the edema and anything that has mastitis as it increases the blood flow to the udder. Different brands... I saw some at the co-op the last time I was there and all the dairy supply trucks carry some brand.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My doctor got COVID so my appointment is postponed.

I had a decent day yesterday. I was able to think clearly so I tackled a box of papers I needed to file and got it done. My MIL gave me her treadmill since she is not mobile anymore. I've been walking for 1 minute at 1 mph when I can. Better to start slowly and not trigger post exertional malaise. I was able to get to the veg garden in the evening with the kids.

I have paperwork/computer things to do today, so I hope the brain fog stays away.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS8 had 4-H cake revue. He entered 3 classes, won 3 blue ribbons and a grand champion! We did not expect 3 blues! The cake decorating project is amazing in my county. Super friendly (can't say it's competitive), but very high quality cakes at all age levels. Excellent judge. It was fun for everyone.

His purple ribbon was for "3 cupcakes decorated differently on a theme, with tips" DS16 made the broccoli. (DS16 planned to make these and enter them but had a meltdown and quit over a failed attempt at making a fortune cookie out of caramel). They're allowed to use purchased decorations, so we figured it was still fair. DS8 told the judge what parts DS16 made for him. 20230716_110844.jpg