Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Where would you plant them? Won't palms freeze where you live?

I am glad that your goats are back. Maybe you could put tracking collars on the little stinkers!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
  • Got rear-ended at a stoplight yesterday. Fender-bender. No biggie. Started a claim, etc. Police officer gave my kids coupons for free ice cream. DS3 says "you're a big man like my daddy." :love
  • Kids are gone with bio-dad and/or grandma for 4 WHOLE DAYS. :bliss: It's amazing, I pick up the floor and it stays clean. :eek: I could get used to this. :gig
  • Trained Bay yesterday, she did fabulously well. Walmart, Target, Goodwill. New skill at Goodwill - tolerating clothing flipping into her face while she braces. She's a good sport. She was focusing on my pocket full of treats. :D
  • Snow is melting, spring might come … in a few months. We're in mud season and it looks to be a long one. 1/4 mile gravel (mud) driveway. No fun at all. As long as it freezes at night, it's not too bad. But there's a week or so when we're past freezing until it dries up that is stressful.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo - no kids for 4 days! That is a nice break and I know you will enjoy the reprieve!

Sounds like Bay is really coming along - that's great! Pics?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you're all ok, accidents are a pain even if there's no major damage. 4 days? I wouldn't even know what to do with myself! Enjoy the quiet!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
4 Kid free days? I'll get withdrawals after the first day lol But a well deserved treat and break for you, enjoy!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH figured out what happened to the goats. There is a plywood formerly-dog-house we put in the goat pasture when we moved here. Figured they could climb on it or whatever. It's quite small, was made for a cocker spaniel. Just before we got so much snow, it was very cold. It appears the goats (Nigerian Dwarf) were in the doghouse together, got snow-drifted in, and didn't try to get out. Apparently in a semi-hibernation state. The day the snow melted down was the day they reappeared. DH said there's enough poop evidence to justify them being in there during their disappearance. Poor boys! :( They're quite happy to be free, yelling for the good hay whenever they see us outside.

Most of the snow is gone. Still some on shady places and snow piles. Still freezing at night, so still muddy as heck.

I had another doctor appointment and meds tweaked. I'm working on eliminating mast cell triggers at home.

We tore carpet out of our bedroom because I was having worst reactions there. DH put in hardwood floor. He's just finishing the floor and trim in the closet tonight. :love Our room is a mess with closet contents everywhere! I painted bedroom and closet too. So lovely to have it freshened up - seal off the candle soot and god-knows-what air fresheners and perfumes from the previous owner. I have a little bit of touchup spot painting before I can put everything back.

I switched cleaning products to "free and clear" or homemade. Discovered reactions to orange oil (in homemade cleaner), reactions to most my hygiene products. Plus dust or dust mites, and unknown environmental allergens. I got HEPA vacuum filters, HEPA air cleaner. Ordered a replacement part for my mop which has been broken for years. Getting rid of dust-catching décor and my grandma's grand piano (it's going to my aunt and then a cousin). Ordered dust mite-proof mattress cover, Roomba filters. I even bathed the dog (after she rolled in poop, yay spring). Endless cleaning! My goal is to get indoor air quality at least as good as outdoor air. Oh! I also discovered there is dairy in some of my OTC meds! :facepalm: so having to read labels and pay more to get allergy medication that I'm not allergic to. (funny-not-funny)

We need a bathroom remodel for superficial mold and to add ventilation. We're planning to build a garage, but we'll lose our bathroom window. So need to figure out how the bathroom is going to work before starting the garage.

I'm easing back into Wahls Protocol diet. Currently wheat and dairy free. Need to eliminate corn and soy yet, and add more veggies. I've gained weight from inflammation. I'm eager for that to be gone once I am eating better consistently.

I have onions and creeping thyme started for my garden. I need to drag up another shelf unit from the basement and plant more flats. I've been procrastinating for a couple weeks, but it's now-or-never now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow, poor goats! I can't believe they survived that long without their rumens shutting down. I bet they are thrilled to be out!

Allergy meds you're allergic to, sheesh!

Any more lambs?

Latest posts