Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH filled the basement with wood for the furnace. :love He winterized my greenhouse (removed roof panels so it doesn't collapse).

I'm putting most of my energy into creating habits. I do New Year Resolutions, but I actually do them quarterly. So this is just a continuation of that. Working most on making healthy behaviors into habits. Well, I'm not too pleased to see how little time is left in the day! ONE HOUR. That's it! :eek: For all projects or crafts or anything other than routine. I get one hour per day. :eek: Not liking this, but I'm hoping that some of these current behaviors will become unnecessary or disappear into routines. I've had to cancel my physical therapy and restrict scheduling new appointments for anything - just no time for it! Had to move grocery shopping to the weekend, just can't during the week. :/

I watched a video on youtube a while back about using vitamin A to remove plantar warts. Seemed plausible and cheap enough to try. It works! :eek: one small wart is gone! I have 2 old, big ones that are reduced in size by half, so a couple more months and I think they will be gone too. I use vitamin A for a couple days and then put salcylic acid on for a day - to keep as little tissue over the wart as possible in hopes it makes the vitamin A work better. But this is one of the things on my to-do list that will eventually drop off, never to return.

I'm also returning to Flylady for housework routines. I don't follow it exactly, but the general idea of it. I like "watching" or listening to the live daily videos while cleaning.

I'm planning for the holidays now. I liked most of what I did last year - stretching out the Christmas celebration over 2 weeks. I made fancier versions of our meals but I'd frozen everything I could in advance so it was still easy. I made a lot of cookies last year, but then I ATE a lot of cookies too! No more Christmas cookies! :eek: But we will bake gingerbread houses and decorate them, so some of the same activities just minus the eating!

I need to get moving on Christmas gifts. Thanksgiving gifts. Etc. I like to have xmas gifts done before Thanksgiving.

I had a POTSy weekend, not too bad. Back on track with meds, sleep, nutrition, exercise today. Feeling better already. :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh, I had a plantar wart once- it actually hurt to walk on it- maybe because it was big enough to press in when I put pressure on the foot? It finally went away by itself, but I have no idea how or why.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a big ol' plantar wart once too - and it disappeared with some salicylic acid treatment. It surely wasn't from pressure of walking on it because it hurt too much to put pressure on it!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH found a leak in his shop roof. He went up on the roof to investigate and his foot went through the roof!! He bought some used rubber roofing membrane and covered up the worst of it. Time for a new roof then. :/

Spent the afternoon planning for holidays and parties. Next party is all keto food, taco bar and Mexican-inspired desserts.

African Violets are doing better. I have a generation of strong looking babies! Still have a couple blooming. Love them :love Just repotted a few dozen this week.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh geeze - dang good thing he didn't go all the way through! So glad he's ok! Keto party food - yum! I've edging back towards keto - but not totally there again yet. Sigh...