Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am changing over to "protein prioritized" keto. High protein, low saturated fat. More like Atkins induction phase. One doctor told me more protein, keep on with low carb and intermittent fasting. Other doctor told me to manage my cholesterol (reduce saturated fat). First doctor concurs. Sadly I don't have the genes for unbridled keto saturated fat. :( But I am eating more veggies (recovering from food aversions from Feb 2019) and feeling pretty good.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
huh. Different bodies, I guess. I found that eating the saturated fat but very low carbs and moderate protein did wonders for my A1C blood sugar, and my cholesterol levels. Especially the cholesterol- for the first time in my adult life, my cholesterol numbers are in the "ideal" range and my doctor took me off the statin.
Higher amounts of protein get turned into glucose same as carbs do, only a little slower... and since my primary focus on keto is managing my insulin and blood sugar that means low carb, moderate protein. For me, pork belly and bacon have the perfect ratio of fat to protein.

Matter of fact, it's time to change my photo here... I no longer look like this, lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I buy jeans at Vanity Fair Outlet store. I got a 20% off text for last Saturday, so we went an hour away to the closest one. I got 4 pair of jeans, 6 underwear, DH got 2 pair jeans and a shirt for $89. But the REAL news is that I am now in a SIZE SIX JEANS!! Even though I gained back a few pounds, I have gone down a size in jeans. Whoop!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven’t seen it in 25 years. I think it is a combination of weight loss and all the exercise I get working on the farm.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The exercise makes a huge difference as it keeps things "tightened up" TRUST ME -- older you get the less tone you have and same weight is "different"...different size & places. :lol:

Personally, I want to make "something" a regular event. I get ample movement but, want to work on actual muscle strength -- all body -- to keep things in check. :D Work slacks in winter & I'm thinking a trip to Y a couple times a week will be a good thing, to use their weight machines.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH surprised me with a new (refurbished) clothes dryer! :love We had to take a wire shelf rack out of the laundry room to swap out the dryers. DH decided to move the utility sink and washing machine over a few inches which was enough to add another shelf. Bonus, now the door opens all the way! Love it! I'm putting things away today and loving the extra storage.

DH was using his 1948 Ford tractor and it crapped out again. I helped him tow it to the pole shed to park it. It started right up then. LOL. finicky tractors are not so great. :/ He has a 1980's Ford tractor too that he uses for most of the farm work.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a 1949 Ford tractor. My first DH kept it going because he was very mechanical and had a love of old tractors. My current DH - not so much. But, I'm ok with that because now I have a much newer tractor that starts every time I get on it nd does everything I ask it to. YaY!

Congrats on the new dryer and a better configured laundry area!