Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When my grand son had just learned how to creep, I had turned him loose to explore. I was busy in the kitchen, but decided to investigate, when I heard him exclaiming, "Mmmmh. Mmmmh. Mumymmh." Pulled part of a lady bug out of his mouth.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, we eat a lot of strange things as babies and very young children. I knew a girl in school that knew for a fact that the communion wafers in church taste like goldfish food :\. My mom claimed to have found me happily chowing down on garden spiders once, though I don't remember it. Actually, since they are close relatives to lobster, I've often wondered......

i know i am very motivated where punkin pie is concerned as when i was about 2yrs old i figured out how to climb the cabinets to get on the counter where two pies were cooling off and proceeded to eat both of them. i have no memory of it and was not scarred for life by any scolding as i still do love a good punkin or sweet potato pie. i think about any kind of pie i like but i can now do without the crust if i must. :) even mincemeat pie which nobody else in my family liked but yum to me. i haven't seen one of those in a long time...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When my grand son had just learned how to creep, I had turned him loose to explore. I was busy in the kitchen, but decided to investigate, when I heard him exclaiming, "Mmmmh. Mmmmh. Mumymmh." Pulled part of a lady bug out of his mouth.

lol they sure can smell though when you try to catch them and they don't like it. i now use a piece of paper and try to coax them to crawl on it so i can put them back outside.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Worse yet, are stink bugs. They make me want to hurl. Never used to have them in the house in the fall. Now, this time of the year, I find 2 - 3/day. The dog thinks it's great fun to bark and growl at them, and club at them with her feet. Of course, the more she agitates them, the more they stink. They are quickly wrapped in tissue and given a Tsunami ride to the septic tank.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't have to say a thing....they watch me from afar to see if I'm heading towards any known source of food or if I have any kind of bucket or similar shape in my hand. Then they thunder across the land like I hold the last morsel of food on Earth. :rolleyes:

Same with the chickens, the ducks, the dogs and cats. You'd think they were all starving instead of fat as ticks. I don't say much at all except MOVE!!!!!! MOVE!!!!!! MOVE!!!!! and then, anything still in my way is getting walked on.
It's the same here once they see me anywhere near the feed shed everyone comes running to their fences I call it the morning stampede chickens, turkeys, sheep and goats.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Worse yet, are stink bugs. They make me want to hurl. Never used to have them in the house in the fall. Now, this time of the year, I find 2 - 3/day. The dog thinks it's great fun to bark and growl at them, and club at them with her feet. Of course, the more she agitates them, the more they stink. They are quickly wrapped in tissue and given a Tsunami ride to the septic tank.

they smell like green apples to me. still i vastly improved our situation last year by going around and caulking any spaces they could be using to get into the house from the outside. i found some gaps around the heating vents which once i caulked those shut we've had about a 98% reduction in both stinkbugs and ladybugs. i just asked Mom if she's found any lately and she said she's not found any in a few weeks. i think i've found one.

some years we've had so many lady bugs on the windows on the inside that i've used a vaccuum to get them many times a day.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
When DS4 was little(r), like crawling age, he ate asian beatle "ladybugs." A lot. And we'd find the wings in his diapers. OMG, they have the most horrible smell, I can't imagine how he continued to eat them! He was determined!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH cut up the one lamb this evening. I wrapped. He skinned the other and gave to an employee/friend. Her husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes so they're eating very low carb and high protein now. Maybe Whole30? IDK exactly.

Mutton to cut up on Thursday. DH wants to put plywood sheeting over the barn gutter. He bought some at an auction for cheap enough. So, Thursday for that project too.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
protein gets turned into glucose too. The diabetic friend would be better off going keto with high fat, very low carb and only moderate protein. It's hard for people to wrap their head around the idea of eating fat does NOT make you fat... the AMA and FDA have been demonizing fat for decades now.