Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Bay is doing well. We've been going to drop-in dog training once a week. has been great to have her work around other dogs. Other than that, I haven't used her at all! She was acting very strange the first few days on my supplement. But now she's back to lazy. :gig

Supplement is phosphatidylcholine. I have genes for not making enough choline, and I don't get much from food either. The difference has been shocking. Everything has been fun! :D

Today
  • finished fitting pant pattern and made a pair of pants. They're wide leg cut, not my normal but I buy cheap patterns at thrift stores to cut into pieces! The fit is perfect and they feel amazing! Feel like pajamas, but they look like business casual.
  • sewed a sun/swim coverup. It's fine, I'll use it. I don't LOVE it like the pants.
  • cleaned up sewing mess. :eek:
No Thanksgiving dinner for us. Family postponed it to the weekend. Fine with me, holiday meals just stress me out - whether eating or cooking doesn't matter which.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thank you @Lazy Gardener !

I started cleaning out my studio today! This has been on my to-do list for over a year. It has been so messy it's not functional for sewing for a very looooong time. It's still a long ways from functional or clean, but I'm so happy to finally be able to do this! 🙌

I'm starting to imagine what I might get done in December and have a nice fresh start for 2020 🥳

I've dug out my sewing planner and stack of patterns to figure out what I'll actually make and what needs to go in the goodwill bag.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you are doing so well!! That's fantastic, so happy you feel up to doing so much. We're having a weekend thanksgiving too. But, we had a small one today with DH's side of the fam.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! You really are feeling better and getting so much done! goof for you!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Our weekend Thanksgiving is cancelled due to snow. I'm sure not complaining! :)

Yesterday I drafted a gorgeous tank top/camisole pattern and sewed one up. Took me all day - 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Very worth it. I ordered fabric to make 8 more of them to replace all my RTW camisoles that don't fit right.

Today I'm tackling the hardest project I have. I bought a blazer from Sears in high school, in 2000. It is a lovely cut - a wrap front. It has never fit quite right, but it fits the same wrong now as it did then! I am taking it apart to make a pattern, then modifying the pattern to my measurements. Then I'll need to make a series of fitting toiles and pattern adjustments until it's perfect. This one will take more than a day. But hey - I might finish it within the same decade I started! :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hubby moved sheep today. We had two breeding groups separated. Now the pasture group is moved to the barn. Hopefully the rams don't bash any more fences/gates to smithereens and no unplanned breeding. They're not sharing a fenceline yet, but if they're motivated enough they can probably get into the middle pasture that separates them. Hopefully they will be satisfied with staying in the barn (bad weather today and snow on the ground) and not be fussing at the fences.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am taking it apart to make a pattern, then modifying the pattern to my measurements. Then I'll need to make a series of fitting toiles and pattern adjustments until it's perfect. This one will take more than a day. But hey - I might finish it within the same decade I started! :gig

One of the things that has always impressed me about you is that you aren't afraid to tackle ANYthing!!
Hope it goes well and we get a pic when it's finished!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kudos on the "redo" of that jacket. I have so many OLD patterns, bought when I sewed virtually everything. They still work today, with some small adjustments for a fashion update. Many are just fine as they are -- after all, they only rotate thru the various "styles & colors" anyway. :D Youngins think it's new. Those of us who've been around a while know it's recycle.

You are inspiriing me to plan to start up the machines again during the winter here.

I'm interested in your new supplement -- mainly because I take something close....Phosphatidylserine. It is an absolute miracle to "clear the fog & restore memory". Yes, does help with energy and ambition. Glad it's working so well for you!