Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I have dog food problems and had mouse problems too (I think 🤞they’re gone). One of my dogs will take some food, bring it to another room, spit it out and eat it one piece at a time. But she gets distracted sometimes and leaves it there. Sigh. Hope your mouse problem is easily solved!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS14 had TWO spanish textbooks in his locker. (He lost a third spanish textbook the first week of school too!) Unfortunately the teacher had already left for the day so I couldn't have him return it on the spot.
What in the world do you need 2 for? :lol:

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh I have dog food problems and had mouse problems too (I think 🤞they’re gone). One of my dogs will take some food, bring it to another room, spit it out and eat it one piece at a time. But she gets distracted sometimes and leaves it there. Sigh. Hope your mouse problem is easily solved!
Rory does that too! never had a mouse problem anywhere but the chicken coop.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm feeling very SS today for the first time in a long time.

• Unheated greenhouse saved lettuce/chard from overnight frost/freezing temps
  • I brought butternut squash indoors yesterday evening "to protect it from frost" (hah, lucky coincidence )
  • I set mousetraps BY MYSELF and caught a mouse 🙌
  • I went outdoors IN THE COLD to adjust greenhouse.
  • I'm cooking oatmeal for DS6's breakfast because milk and cereal are expensive
  • Wheat is sprouting, spinach is dehydrating
  • My old barn cat came inside and ate the spilled dog kibble, and is purring on my shoulder 😍

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good news! I caught a mouse!
Better news! DS14 removed it before he went to school. 🙌
Bad news. It seemed to be a small mouse. If small = young, I have problems. 😣

it does take a while to get an infestation under control again. patience. reset traps, remove easy food and water sources. plug up holes and hiding spots. check for new damage every morning. clear and reset traps twice a day. bury poor creatures in the garden.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Its really hard to get up and be productive when a cat is purring on one's shoulder.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My dog has bad teeth, I think that’s why she does that. Self inflicted teeth problems due to severe separation anxiety (she’s getting better)

yay for you @tortoise , you’re getting tons done!