Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love Danes too. My husband was attacked by one so it’s the only breed he’s a little nervous about (he knows that’s not typical for the breed but that’s an awful big dog to be attacked by so can’t blame him!)

Yay for getting things done when everyone is asleep! 🤣

i've had some be grumpy at me, but i usually ignore them until they come around and figure out i like them. when you get older and hurt all the time it's ok to be grumpy. i get it. nothing personal taken as long as you don't try to bite me. people, dogs, kitties, etc.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I made a button board for my dogs. (Not quite done) It holds 8 recordable buttons. Boi has figured out the button that say "treat". Every time he presses it, he gets a treat. :gig Second button is "bone". I ordered decals for the buttons so I can tell the apart. I plan to use it for 4-H trick class too.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cool! I want one of those, we joke that my chow mix would be having conversations and our alano would never figure out how to use the darn thing because she’s not been gifted with much of a brain😂 let us know how that goes!

I love big dogs but I definitely am leery around other people’s LGDs. They might be the exception to the little dogs bite more rule!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I made a button board for my dogs. (Not quite done) It holds 8 recordable buttons. Boi has figured out the button that say "treat". Every time he presses it, he gets a treat. :gig Second button is "bone". I ordered decals for the buttons so I can tell the apart. I plan to use it for 4-H trick class too.

i only need one button for chocolate. the rest can all wait... :)

just kidding. sort of...

ok, board for me, chocolate, hugs, backrubs, pistachio ice-cream, tapioca pudding, home made bread with butter (i'd have to wire this one with the hot chocolate adaptation on the first button). how many buttons am i limited to here? this keyboard has a lot of buttons. i can also order more. just let me know...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Cool! I want one of those, we joke that my chow mix would be having conversations and our alano would never figure out how to use the darn thing because she’s not been gifted with much of a brain😂 let us know how that goes!

I love big dogs but I definitely am leery around other people’s LGDs. They might be the exception to the little dogs bite more rule!
Pretty sure your dummy can figure out the treat button. :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
ok, board for me, chocolate, hugs, backrubs, pistachio ice-cream, tapioca pudding, home made bread with butter (i'd have to wire this one with the hot chocolate adaptation on the first button). how many buttons am i limited to here? this keyboard has a lot of buttons. i can also order more. just let me know...
this is not a bad idea! :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Button board is entertaining! Boi gets disoriented if its turned, but he's good at the treat button. He presses it twice in a row - so demanding! 😆 Giving him some appropriate control over his environment should reduce his stress. He's coming off his fluoxetine, so no apparent change. He asks for "bone" - rawhide, etc. - more often than I expected. Chewing releases serotonin, so that's appropriate and helpful.

He is participating in training again! I'm working on his reaction to distractions. We know from fMRI research that reactive dogs have overactivity in their amygdala, so I'm hoping to classically condition a less aroused response to distractions. I'm also teaching him to glance at an objct of concern rather than fixate on it.

I ordered a shirt that says "Difficult Dogs Make Talented Trainers". There was a funnier version, but I picked the clean one so I don accidentally wear something offensive to 4-H. :gig