Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I bought a bike stand trainer to use with my bike indoors. It cost about the same as a month of a gym membership. I'm hoping to improve my cardio conditioning before spring. The last couple months have been hard (or too easy?) on my body. I need to do something about it. My bike needs some maintenance - chain/gear lube and air up the tires. But I should be able to exercise indoors/at home soon. :celebrate

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo for exercise?!! I've been moving a fair amount lately. Not enough - it's never enough. But - 2.8 miles yesterday, 2.5 the day before. I tell DH it's not a lot of mileage but I'm always carrying something, pushing something, pulling something, or chasing something. That ought to count more than just walking, lol!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Woo Hoo for exercise?!! I've been moving a fair amount lately. Not enough - it's never enough. But - 2.8 miles yesterday, 2.5 the day before. I tell DH it's not a lot of mileage but I'm always carrying something, pushing something, pulling something, or chasing something. That ought to count more than just walking, lol!
That counts as more than walking! Especially when you're chasing! LOL You're doing great!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS14 had another growth spurt. o_O He is almost as tall as I am now. His pants lasted 4 months. But hey, he's into men's sizes now so I can get him pants that actually fit. He is tall and thin, so I had given up and got sweatpants and similar pants with a drawstring waist.

I learned that ThredUp doesn't have men's clothes. :( but I found swap.com. Selection was great, search/filter was better than ThredUp, prices were about half as much as ThredUp. I'm happy!

I only bought 5 outfits since he grows immediately after I buy clothes. :rolleyes:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I bought a bike stand trainer to use with my bike indoors. It cost about the same as a month of a gym membership. I'm hoping to improve my cardio conditioning before spring. The last couple months have been hard (or too easy?) on my body. I need to do something about it. My bike needs some maintenance - chain/gear lube and air up the tires. But I should be able to exercise indoors/at home soon. :celebrate
I was expecting DH to be annoyed with my bike stand purchase, since he is far more frugal than I am. He called it "poor man's Peleton" which is as close to approval as I could hope for. :gig I'm not complaining about his frugality. I appreciate it very much, even though it occasionally causes conflict.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish my husband was frugal, I have to be the one always monitoring spending and frankly I’m not that good at it lol. I bought a recumbent exercise bike because it’s the only thing I can do without irritating my back. Now I just need to get better at using it regularly… I’ve found some extra pounds in the past two years and I need to lose them🤣