Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am amused. 3.5 hour drive in Texas is a hop, skip and a jump. It's 3 hours from where I'm living now, (not much longer, we close next week) to where I'm moving to. Once I get there, it's 30 miles to anywhere with more than a convienence store and over priced gas/diesel.

I finally caught up on your journal. Haven't had time for much lately, If I'm not packing or moving, I'm in an exhausted semi coma or asleep. LOL
Your move sounds epic to me. Are you getting close to done?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I overdid it on Tuesday. I spent 10 hours on 4-H dog project. driving, setting up tables, training, cleaning up, more driving, and 3 hours of working through the papers from the event. I got PEM (post-exertional malaise) from it and spend most of yesterday in bed, not able to work.

Today is better. I wrote for a couple hours this morning and kept going with 4-H Zooms and followup.

Gotta get the kid from school, go to 4-H Leatherwork project kick-off, and hurry back for the last 2 dog project Zooms.

DS6 stayed home from school today. He's not sick. He just is having a heck of a time getting ready for school and we didn't have energy to deal with it. I turned my morning alarm off (when?) and Boi asked to go outside at 2 a.m. and I left him in the mudroom after. Normally he would wake me up on time. I woke up to my alarm for LEAVING to drop DS6 off at school. Nah. I slept until 9 ish before I felt okay-ish-enough.

DH is off work, so he took DS6 with on errands. They even went grocery shopping! :love

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am much closer to being done. House is practically empty. I’ve hauled outside stuff but still have plenty more. Have to build cow panel pens and fence for sheep and dogs. Was going to build a 3 sided shed, but found Quonset style animal huts , 7’ long, 5 ‘ wide and 42” high, 3 of them for $500. Going to pick them up tomorrow. I’m excited about those, will save me time and a ton of work. Have to build a backyard fence for Trip and Carson. It will be permanent for renters after I move out. I got step in posts to run a hot wire on the inside to keep my fence jumping champion,Trip, from becoming a large road kill pancake. We close Wednesday, I’m really trying to get out of here!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh darn! Hope you're feeling better today!
Much better, thank you! 🥰

I have another crazy day today. Not baymule's level of moving-crazy but lots for me. I'm meeting a 4-H dog project family to evaluate one of their dogs for service dog potential. That should be fun, no matter what the outcome is.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We all have our own level of crazy. Phase one of my Crazy Train is almost complete. Phase 2 to begin shortly. LOL

9BEC92ED-CA6B-4447-A73A-69FBAA177BA1.jpeg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I picked up an extra contract for work as a subject matter expert - for the chapter that I declined to write because it's not an area I'm comfortable with. The author they picked has less experience than I do. Fortunately there will be other subject matter experts that will review it in the future, I just need to provide feedback so the author can get it close enough. There goes my weekend. :rolleyes:

I mentioned to DH that I've been able to work fairly consistently since August 2021 (except when I had influenza) and I want to take steps to officially opening a dog training business. His reply... if you have so much free time, clean the house more. Guess how well that went over? :lol::somad I don't have free time now, but I will when my contract work is done.

Latest posts