Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH and I tagged/vaccinated/castrated/docked last 3 lambs.

DH and DS6 fixed the electric fence around my garden. DS15 and I weeded. So much weeding! About 1/2 is ready to hoe frequently to eliminate perennial weeds. The other half is bad - as dense as a lawn. I might give up and ask DH to rototill it. We'll see how it goes... 🤞

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm feeling like myself for a second day in a row! 😍 I'm relieved to have a break from post exertion malaise. :weee

I finished about half of my to-do list yesterday! Feels fantastic! I feel able to tackle my list again today.

The weather is back to seasonal, so I should be able to get back in the garden today, at least for a little while.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad to hear that you are feeling better! I hope you do get outside some today, it is sunny here already, I hope to get out there as well, need to do some ground leveling, dirt turning and adding some cardboard to one new bed in the making.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had to take a lamb from mom yesterday because it wasn't able to keep up and had lost weight. Fed it from a bowl yesterday and this morning (maybe, I told DS15 to do it, he might not have). Send DS15 out to feed it again at 10 and it had crashed. No response to karo. Going to try tubing with coffee next, apparently 10-20 mg caffeine can get them going again, but it doesn't look good. as in, I don't expect it to live long enough for me to brew coffee and chill enough to tube it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had to take a lamb from mom yesterday because it wasn't able to keep up and had lost weight. Fed it from a bowl yesterday and this morning (maybe, I told DS15 to do it, he might not have). Send DS15 out to feed it again at 10 and it had crashed. No response to karo. Going to try tubing with coffee next, apparently 10-20 mg caffeine can get them going again, but it doesn't look good. as in, I don't expect it to live long enough for me to brew coffee and chill enough to tube it.
Lamb ended up hanging in there from karo and caffeine. I ended up taking it to the vet clinic (DH was curious). After treatments to stabilize his condition (more karo, dextrose IV, vitamin injection, antibiotic because he was castrated recently, possibly others I didn't notice) we did a chest x-ray. Heart was abnormal.

Aside: DH wanted to check and make sure the heart was actually abnormal since he hasn't seen many xrays of lambs that age, so I went home and grabbed another lamb (one of the bottle lambs). Turned out the second lamb has aspiration pneumonia. I haven't been feeding them and DH/D15 have been using a teat bucket that is placed too high so they are aspirating. *%&$, if only they would listen to me. I feed bottle lambs from bowls for reasons.

So then did an ultrasound of the heart to try to figure out in what way it was abnormal. There was little movement in the atria. Congenital heart disease. Did a postmortem and the atria were distended and floppy.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
In other news, DS15 stole money from my backpack and a gift card from my wallet. Yesterday he bought junk food at school and made himself sick. Today he asked me to take him to school early for an appointment with his english teacher, but then he ran to a gas station to buy coffee and junk food. Someone saw him and called DH. So I called the school to pick him up "for an appointment" and got someone to bring the contents of his locker (donuts and a loaf of bread, wtf why a loaf of bread too?). He "forgot" where he "lost" the receipt so then we went to the gas station to get a reprint, and dropped off the remaining donuts at DH's work. So that was fun. So many lies.

And a neighbor sent DH a picture of an arrow DS15 shot onto his property. DS15 does not have a bow and we keep ours locked because he shoots arrows into the barn rafters - he has ruined so many arrows, so much money. DS15 imagines that he will be an olympic archer. :rolleyes:Uggh.

I'm considering switching him back to homeschool because lately he acts out at home, then goes to school to escape consequences, acts out and school and comes home to escape consequences. Uhm, no.