Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We are on the home stretch for the county fair. DS7 is ready - even has tags on his projects. IDK about DS15. His head is in the clouds in a teenage autistic non-responsive sort of way. He has failed to turn in his proctor form for his college class and will probably fail the class due to it. He forgot the form at DH's work and hasnt asked anyone to get it for him.... for 4 days, and I've been reminding him every day. Fine, fail your course and burn that bridge. His college funds can be transferred to DS7. 🤷‍♀️

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ugh, we are struggling with our 15 yo and school work this summer too plus I found some tiktok crap on her phone I am not happy about (she is not supposed to have it for one and two she is at camp all week so I went through her phone).

Glad to hear DS7 is ready for fair, and early too! Hope the weather cools downs a bit for your stay.

DN14 doing better with his phone?

How are the chickens?

You are doing great! Hang in there;)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
1 chicken died 😕 I need to get some enrichment in their cage. I am trying to apply what I'm earning from a zoo animal training book.

DN14 has been worse about his phone the last couple of days because he is anxious about moving back home and re-starting school (bullies). He has a small fit today and deleted all his apps 🤦‍♀️ I gave him the wifi password to redownload them because he doesnt have strong enough coping mechanisms yet.

DS15 has been having a meltdown for 5 hours because he didnt bother to ask what we are doing. He started trying to eat breakfast when we were leaving and its been progressively worse since then. Uggh! DN14's meltdowns are so much easier (shorter!)

Then DS7 starts copying the older boys 😡

We had cool weather, but now its time to get ready for heat. I'm not ready. 😖

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Holy moly that is a lot going on.

What do you think the chicken died from? Does the breeder have any sort of refund or replacement policy, I mean it hasn't been that long.

Sorry for all the meltdowns-hard and draining on a parent/guardian.

HEAT is a coming, right in time for your fair--gonna be a hot one. I am thankful we don't have any animals to take to ours.

Hang in there!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DN14's behavior is affecting DS7 (copying!) so video gaming has been removed from my house (controllers and cords stashed at DH's work). DN14 had a meltdown and erased apps from his phone - twice. After the second time, I have not given him the wifi password. However, unlike other guardians, I'm not "banning" his interests. Super heroes and star wars are fine! Violence and revenge are not okay. Roz's owner (girl, age 13) was at my house when this went down and DN14 kept it together! He was angry but didnt yell or threaten. He used some other coping strategies. It was hard for him, but he did it. We ended the day with pizza and Culver's to celebrate.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It's county fair week. We parked our camper at the fairgrounds. I was assigned a nice spot - at least partial shade and right next to the shower house. Not far from the sheep barn either - most of that walk area in shaded. Also near the handicapped parking area!
Thank goodness! Some of the camping areas are far away and full sun. I would cancel the whole thing if I had gotten one of those spots because I wouldn't be able to walk.

Cake decorating judging is today. DS7 make cupcakes and a sculptured cake. 😁 They have to be dried out so they dont get moldy while on display at the fair. These are as hard as a rock. DS7 made the cake last fall!

After that, DS15 and I need to bathe and shear 2 of his show sheep.

DS15 is struggling with his math class. Turns out, his mother was right about him wasting time. 😏🤭

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A little off subject -- But, don't you have a large amount of blueberry bushes at your farm? Are they ripe? Send those boys out to pick!!! Yeah, get that workload offaya!

Glad for the campsite you got. 😊. It will allow you to enjoy the participation. Always good. I suspect it will help with kiddos, too.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
A little off subject -- But, don't you have a large amount of blueberry bushes at your farm? Are they ripe? Send those boys out to pick!!! Yeah, get that workload offaya!

Glad for the campsite you got. 😊. It will allow you to enjoy the participation. Always good. I suspect it will help with kiddos, too.
We do! We're a week or two away from picking. They're turning pink. Small crop this year bc we forgot to water when they were flowering.