Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had fun at the ren faire! It was cloudy, rained lightly a couple of times, but was very humid in the late afternoon. Not bad weather at all!

I think my favorite part was looking at others' costumes. I have a list of revisions to make to mine. 😁 By the end of the day DH was thinking about a future costume for himself 😁 Kids have ideas too. We will go next year. DH says I owe him a day of fishing 😂 definitely not his favorite activity ever and his hip hurt toward then end of the day.

Back to reality - gotta get kids ready for school tomorrow and then catch up on work.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I got through my list of housework and feel ready for tomorrow. Its my big day to be alone!

I emailed about lavender orpington pullets and roo on craigslist. Cross your fingers for me!

I have been spending a lot of time journaling. I'm working through C-PTSD. I have been talking to my sister more, comparing notes. She is older so she has helped me understand some things that were over my head at the time. She is a couple years into therapy for C-PTSD.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got through my list of housework and feel ready for tomorrow. Its my big day to be alone!

I emailed about lavender orpington pullets and roo on craigslist. Cross your fingers for me!

hahaha! :) that's how i feel too when i get a day off in the middle of the busy season.

i consider myself pretty lucky in that i can live with someone i love and yet we still manage to get some alone times. i do need a day completely alone here or there. i'm certainly not an extrovert.

I have been spending a lot of time journaling. I'm working through C-PTSD. I have been talking to my sister more, comparing notes. She is older so she has helped me understand some things that were over my head at the time. She is a couple years into therapy for C-PTSD.

i didn't know what that was (looked it up) but likely have similar stuff going on with me (not diagnosed but treated in various ways through my life). luckily most of it was not directed abuse from a parent as much as the trauma of being born really premature and spending months in an incubator before i could finally get out of there and come home.

i hope the learning and discoveries will help you along. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i didn't know what that was (looked it up) but likely have similar stuff going on with me (not diagnosed but treated in various ways through my life). luckily most of it was not directed abuse from a parent as much as the trauma of being born really premature and spending months in an incubator before i could finally get out of there and come home.
Wow, that's a rough start. :( I'm not diagnosed and I won't be. A diagnosis like this would limit my access to medical care for my physical health problems. :duc

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, that's a rough start. :( I'm not diagnosed and I won't be. A diagnosis like this would limit my access to medical care for my physical health problems. :duc

it helps to have some kind of understanding of all these things i feel and react to and how i structure my life. so many parts of it match exactly. it would have helped a great deal in life to know way back then what was going on. i could have avoided a lot of things, drugs, alcohol, anger, injuries, reactions, and probably also learned better coping mechanisms. ah well, as they say water under the bridge and i am really glad i now know and can tell people who might be friends/friendly that sometimes i just don't do "human" very well.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I didn't sleep much, so I've been moving slowly today. I haven't done much work (writing) yet. I expected to sleep most of the day, so I'm happy with anything I can accomplish!
  • I made three 12"x12" beeswax wraps. I've had the stuff for this project sitting for years, so it feels great to try it and check it off my list.
  • My recipe book was overflowing, so I (finally) split it into two. One for my healthy food, organized by primary ingredient, because that's how I think. The other for DH's junk food recipes, organized by type of food, because that's how he thinks. That had been on my to-do list for months, maybe over a year.
  • I cleaned out my living room cabinet. It's an antique wardrobe. I put a metal shelf unit inside of it an use it for my office/project stuff and a few small kitchen appliances. It was stuffed! It's cleaned up, but I have a big pile of papers to sort through and edit for 4-H.
  • I made 3 boxes of mac n cheese to go with leftover chili. I've been getting GI symptoms from chili-mac and I wasn't sure if it was the mac or the beans. I had mac for lunch and suspect it's the beans. No surprise, really, I don't eat beans except in chili because they don't agree with me. and I put extra beans in this batch :rolleyes:
  • I sewed a sweater into a cropped sweater. Gorgeous sweater that is just unflattering on me. It has all my favorite features so I stuffed it in my sewing room instead of donating it. My sewing was good (invisible) but there's too much fabric. I need to take it apart, trim a few inches off the sides and re-do it.
  • I tried on some clothes in my closet. I picked a few things to alter, and a put a couple things in my Goodwill pile. I ordered some clothes made of wool, silk, cashmere, linen (and cotton, of course) from an online thrift shop. At their prices, I can afford to get natural fibers. :love It's getting rare to find clothing made of natural fibers at local thrift shops, and most of it is drab and shrunk. Nope.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH had an afternoon off work... and he wasnt at work working during it! 🤩

I was able to get some (more) clothes shopping done. I'm functional enough that wearing pajamas (leggings) constantly isnt working for me. I'm wearing jeans for the first time in years today. :D

I bought a few pairs of jeans at goodwill. They're very nice, but I still need to alter them and add belts. I bought sewing supplies after - lots of notions! It was expensive! I need to make some other belts too. My waist is 25" and I dont want a glitter-unicorn belt from the kids section :gig I'm in a mood for sewing, so I'll make corset belts to cinch up dresses. Maybe leatherwork later?

I'm laughing because I just realized my waist is the same size as one of my thighs. :gig I am disproportionate. Good that I can make sewing patterns and alter clothing!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I finished a pair of jeans today. I let out the hem and changed the shape - shorter in the back so they don't hang on the ground. I stitched and riveted the front pockets so they don't sag and wrinkle. I took 4 inches out of the waist. And dyed them dark blue to freshen them up. They are a wide straight leg.

Next up is denim shorts. I cut the top of the waist band off. I made them a bit shorter. They are indecent to wear away from home :gig I topstitched the cut edges about 1/2" away from the edge so they can fray but not fall apart. I plan to add matching lace trim on the side, but not until I'm done dying.

I have a coat I love everything about except the color. It was orange. I dyed it to burgundy a couple years ago and it faded to burnt orange - yuck. I have it cooking in an intense dye bath now. I hope for purple but I might have to settle for brown. As long as it's not orange, I'm happy. :gig

I've also been dip dying the hat I knit in July. The yarn is turquoise. I did the first dip with dark blue from the jeans and second dip with blue-purple from the coat. I'm hoping for ombre effect.

I bought a little tan halter bralette on a whim. I added an elastic band because it was too loose.

I started to switch my closet over to fall/winter, and added a couple pieces to my donate bag. My house is a mess! But my stuff is getting done. 💪