Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our 2 remaining barn cats are lazy. One will catch birds if he can, but the other is usually sleeping in the barn or at the door begging for pets. We have a chippy living in the barn with the cats and some recent photos of a young coon eating catfood alongside the cats ... no, I don't expect the cats to chase away a coon.
Well, my cousin had a big tomcat that would fight coons. That cat would also choose to sleep on top of their dog which was a shepherd/collie mix.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 finally got his hair cut after 3 years (edit: 2 years) of growing it out to donate to Wigs for Kids. One less thing for me to deal with every day! :celebrate

Next up is to get rid of most of his stuff, because he is suddenly incapable of cleaning his room. 🤐

My daily/weekly to-do list needs to get shorter so I have time for more important stuff

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Kids and I cleaned DS7's room. Removed 3 paper bags for goodwill - mostly clothes. 1 13-gallon bag of trash. 1 2.5-bushel laundry basket of things that belong elsewhere. He is locked out of his room except for sleeping now 😅

I tackled school lunch storage and supplies today. A big bin for each kids' lunch stuff, a bin for each in the fridge. Containers washed, sorted, and stored.

Mudroom cubbies (for shoes, hats, gloves, etc) are cleaned/decluttered/organized.

Moving on to decluttering/organizing drawers. I have put kids to work cleaning too. 💪

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Nice work! Wanna come to my house! :gig
Maybe! I'm kinda between obligations and actually mostly healthy and mostly functional for a change. It feels good!

I like A Bowl Full of Lemons cleaning/organizing challenge. Just keep working through the challenge on repeat until you are happy with the results. It breaks it down into manageable chunks.

I also use pattern planning - assigning specific tasks to days of the week. If I miss a day I dont go back, it can wait until the next week and thats good enough.

Today is tuesday, so that means Tub, Toilet, Towels a.k.a. clean the bathroom.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My busy-ness continues. :D
  • Washed up DS7, went to school picture day and met his teacher. (school starts Monday!)
  • Cooked a big batch of chili and mac n cheese - I won't need to cook for a few days
  • Bought paint for my kids' bedrooms
  • Organized my fridge - rearranged shelves and added bins so my kids can't fit things in the wrong places
  • Stocked up on chicken feed and sheep mineral blocks - on sale, of course
  • Restocked my pantry - winter is coming
  • Added closet rod organizer tags to DS7's closet so he keeps his clothes sorted by type (so that he can find/pick out his clothes faster).
  • DH asked if I want to go to a ren faire this weekend (YES!). I added thrift stores and craft store to my errands list and have everything I need for a Scottish highland renaissance costume. :weee My family isn't going to dress up. I couldn't get DH to agree to a kilt. :gig Maybe I can get him into a Viking costume in the future? (norwegian heritage)
  • Therapy. Online therapy is awesome, it's so much more affordable and accessible than what is available in-person in my area / with my insurance.
Uggh, I have to work more if I'm going to play this weekend.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I sewed a gray full skirt from 2 old curtains. I sewed a kertch head covering from a piece of cotton lawn in my stash OP(I think... might be muslin). I fringed plaid yardage (new) to make an earsaid wrap. I bought a blouse and belt at Goodwill.

I still need to make a bodice today. I have a custom fit corset pattern so I can use that mostly for the front and mash it up with a button-down shirt pattern for the back and armholes? I dont want to use my good twill, so i might use leftover dark blue denim from aprons from my old grooming salon. I might change my mind, IDK. I might just make an underbust corset with front closure - that would be easiest. It won't show much under my earsaid anyway :idunno

Obviously nothing else is getting done, but I'm having fun. 🤣

Latest posts