Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
oh NOOOOOOOOO! That stinks in such a big way - you stay in that bed! GRRRRR!

Really glad DS10 is so helpful - he is a good fella to have around. :)

Knit - that's the only thing you should do...knit!

Hope you feel better soon!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm definitely staying in bed! Ouch! I can be up a little bit if I ice afterwards, but seriously. Owie.

I'm a little worried because lying down WILL make my POTS worse. Ah well. I know what that recovery is like.

I've been working on a list of things I can do from bed, and a short list of things I can do quick upright. Maybe the weekend won't be too terrible.

2 hats done! Switching projects to work on DS2's halloween costume. It's a surprise for him! Branch, from the Troll movie. :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yaaayyy! I very much dislike potty training. Congrats on the progress!

Sheesh good luck?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo! Awesome on the poop!

Don't work too hard on those apples....you're 'supposed' to be taking it easy :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hope you're feeling O.K. tortoise :hugs Your DS sounds like a little gem to have around. And congrats on the potty training progress! Gosh, I do not miss that part of child rearing...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I got that applesauce canned! First I forgot to turn on the canner, then I plugged in a dehumidifier on the same circuit, tripped a breaker, but didn't notice right away, and then had to re-process.

I canned ketchup and pizza sauce, and have tomato puree left to cook down into sauce tomorrow (a.k.a. Later today). DS10 peeled apples for 5 future apple crisp desserts and those are put up in the freezer. DH made apple cobbler :drool and washed dishes.... lots and lots of dishes! :love

My big plan is to get a couple ingredients after my surgery consult tomorrow morning and then can tomato sauce, green tomato mincemeat and watermelon lemonade concentrate in the afternoon. After that, my canning aspirations will be more-or-less complete. The chickens can feast on the rest of the tomatoes! (They don't like tomatoes.)

Google suggests the recovery for this potential surgery could be longer and more difficult than my last, so I am motivated to get all this canning done. Just in case of the worst-case scenario, I don't want to be stressed out or feeling guilty about produce!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More surgery?? Eek why can't you get a break? Amazing you get all this done!!

Watermelon lemonade sounds amazing. I've got to try that sometime.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goodness - sure hope you don't have to have another surgery. BUT - if you do - you gotta R.E.S.T afterwards. I know...I'm being bossy...LOL!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Eek why can't you get a break?

Because my insurance deductible is met so I have to get EVERYTHING done before the end of the year! I'll probably never meet my insurance deductible again! DH always picks the high-deductible plans! I'm racking my brain "do I have any other nagging health issues I need to get resolved?" :gig