Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow....scary stuff when your kiddo tumbles down the stairs. So glad he's ok!

Sounds like you were able to have a good weekend (until last night). Sorry today has been a challenge. Really hope you feel better soon. :hugs

Good on the eggs! My girls are on strike....ugh!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Glad to hear DS2 is o.k. Hope you feel better :hugs

If you're looking at that many eggs come Spring, maybe get another customer to cover some more of the feeding costs?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How's DS doing now? hope no lasting issues, that's scary. I hope everyone got some sleep last night!

Wow you use some serious eggs! I am getting one egg a day, lol. And really 3 eggs a dsy is enough most of the time. I have way more chickens than I need! Although I'll start selling/giving some away when I have more.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You can hide eggs in everything! 2 eggs can hide in a loaf of bread - you'll never notice the difference. We can go through 4+ loaves per week. Eggs for breakfast = 6 eggs per day. I eat eggs for lunch or snack too several times per week. My kids love French Toast casserole, which is made out of stale bread and 12 - 18 eggs. We like lemon curd - that uses 6. DS10 likes to bake cakes from scratch and those recipes use like 8 eggs. :gig.

Today looks hopeful! I tried elevating the head end of my bed with bricks. (DH was not enthusiastic). It's supposed to preserve fluid volume overnight. I work up feeling mentally alert, which was wonderful! Didn't have an effect on tachycardia, but that's okay. If I'm mentally alert I can cope with a lot.

DH shot a deer yesterday afternoon, but she moved between when he released the shot and when she was hit so it was a non lethal shot, but bleeding profusely, and he has been tracking her. He was out until 9:30 p.m. tracking and got up very early to go track before work. He's been calling the neighbors who have all been willing to help. Crappy situation. Poor deer!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did be find the deer? That is awful, my husband always feels so terrible if things don't end easily and quickly.

How are things at school for DS? Where has he been placed?

And if I end up with too many eggs I guess I know who to ask for advice!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Awesomely you're finding tricks to make yourself feel better! And awesome on getting a deer.

Hope the school gets moving before it's too late in the year. Is your son bored in the meantime?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@NH Homesteader , he's loving it. He's a hot shot in 5th grade. He has a lot of friends and has a crush - a mutual crush. It's like going to summer camp every day. :rolleyes:

Deer is processed. 2 more roosters processed. DH is home from work today to cut the sheep. I'm cooking broth and will can vension, chicken, and broth today.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol awesome... For him anyway! Maybe not for you!

Lots of meat processing... That time of year!