Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had to look up vibration plate. They range from a small pad you stand on to a stand up unit with a platform to stand and work out on. Sounds interesting, especially for someone with restricted movement. I'd like to follow your progress, post a picture of your vibration plate? I hope it helps you out.
20221016_094948.jpg
I love it! I hop on it for a minute or 2 and it gets rid of the "heavy" feeling in my legs. I have areas of dull purple skin on my outer thighs from poor circulation. They are normal skin color after vibration. My skin temperature increases - another sign of increased circulation to the skin.

This morning I woke up stiff and sore from sleeping on the couch with a dog. The vibration massaged out my sore neck in a couple minutes. 😲🤩

I have been using it after I sit for a while, and as a warm-up before stretching. I have also been using it at slower speeds for an unstable surface for bodyweight exercises.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I might buy a sheepskin rug tomorrow. 🤞 When I was a kid, my aunt had a sheepskin on the back of her couch. It was glorious! I have wanted one since. Sheepskins are so expensive (and small!), but I found a sheepskin rug for less than the cost to send out a hide for processing. It would cover the back of my couch nicely. I hope the sale goes through, I dont have an address for pick up yet. 🤞

I have been feeling busy, but also feeling that I'm not doing much.

I finished neckline trim on my upcycled silk shirt, it is done now. I plan to enter it in the county fair next summer in the recycled clothing category.

I'm still crocheting a purse/laptop bag. I expect to finish the strap today. I haven't made the back panel yet. The lining will be involved. I'm not feeling confident.

My kids asked me to make chili, so thats on my to-do list for today and tomorrow.

DS15 is still working on the chicken coop. Its divided in 2 pens now. Yesterday he started lining the smaller pen with hardware cloth so it will keep chicks in. I need one wall patched. Rats have chewed off the entire bottom of the wall - inside and outside. I need DS15 to build anither perch for the orpingtons. They prefer a higher perch and have been roosting on the top of their nest boxes instead of on their roosts. Dumb birds... DS15 broke the frame of a coop window and that needs repair ASAP too.

I need to get chicks into the coop too. They have outgrown their brooder in my basement. They poke their heads through the wire lid and look around 😅

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS15 fixed the window frame. He still needs to put new glass in and paint it.

DH and DS7 made apple cider. It's delicious! I need to can some of it with DS7 tomorrow so he can enter it in the fair.

I got the sheepskin rug! It needs to be brushed out. That will take me all winter. :gig I didnt finish my crochet purse strap. I underestimated the length I need.

The new barn cat escaped and we haven't seen her since. 😣 I hope Gracie keep the mice and shrews away this winter. She is getting stiff and sore - she cant groom her back anymore. I brushed out a big mat. 🙁

I sheared a cull ewe this morning and DH euthanized her. She had a ruptured prepubital ligament from lambing. Its surprising she survived, TBH. But there's no way to repair that and she was very uncomfortable. Her organs displaced to one side and hung way down so she was kicking herself in the guts with every step. 🙁 She was sweet ewe - one of our bottle raised girls. 🙁

I'm soaking the raw fleece overnight to start the washing process. I traded some raw wool for homemade jam too.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS15 was not expelled today. His hearing was postponed. He had a 504 plan at one point which changes things a bit. The 504 plan was lost, or maybe not completed, so they are investigating. If they determine that he had a 504 plan, they could still expell him but enroll him in the virtual school.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS15 was not expelled today. His hearing was postponed. He had a 504 plan at one point which changes things a bit. The 504 plan was lost, or maybe not completed, so they are investigating. If they determine that he had a 504 plan, they could still expell him but enroll him in the virtual school.
Well that is a positive note! My DD16 is doing virtual this year and loving it

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Early in my sheep raising, my very favorite and pet ewe had a ruptured pre pubic tendon. Had to put her down. I sat in the trailer at the vet's office, bawling my eyes out.
I'm sorry about your ewe.

If you get another new cat, butter all 4 paws. She will go through her whole grooming routine, it makes them feel at home. An old English lady told me that years ago. It worked when we moved a cat.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Early in my sheep raising, my very favorite and pet ewe had a ruptured pre pubic tendon. Had to put her down. I sat in the trailer at the vet's office, bawling my eyes out.
I'm sorry about your ewe.

If you get another new cat, butter all 4 paws. She will go through her whole grooming routine, it makes them feel at home. An old English lady told me that years ago. It worked when we moved a cat.
Thank you for the tip! I will probably try to get another barn cat in spring.