Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This morning, Gracie stood up as if she wanted to go out of her kennel. She has been snuggling and purring on my couch most of the morning. :love

20221115_112941.jpg

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH brought an Echo Dot home yesterday. DS7 wanted to set it up, so they did. And played with it a bit.

Then I found ADHD parenting hacks using it. When knew a computer can nag your kids so you dont have to?! Yes please! 😅

DS7's morning routine has never been easier. 🤣

Now I've set it up to harass me, so I might feel differently soon. Alexa has told me - twice already - that I planned to fast until noon. She told me to do yoga this morning. She also reminded me to set a reminder to go to the gym. 🙄 and I thought this was a good idea... :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I set DS15 to work making star ornaments out of twigs. I want natural decor this year, and I don't want to pay for it. I found styrofoam balls at a thrift store to make felted ball ornaments.

My family is transitioning from celebrating Christmas to celebrating Yule instead. It's a hard sell for DH, but kids are on-board.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My family is transitioning from celebrating Christmas to celebrating Yule instead. It's a hard sell for DH, but kids are on-board.
We did this last year, moved to celebrating Yule (and other seasonal celebrations)! Lots of pine boughs and stick ornaments at our house. If you have sumac you can use that too. A little bit of investment but if you can find some cheap hairspray, you can spray it to aid in the ornaments lasting longer.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH brought an Echo Dot home yesterday. DS7 wanted to set it up, so they did. And played with it a bit.

Then I found ADHD parenting hacks using it. When knew a computer can nag your kids so you dont have to?! Yes please! 😅

DS7's morning routine has never been easier. 🤣

Now I've set it up to harass me, so I might feel differently soon. Alexa has told me - twice already - that I planned to fast until noon. She told me to do yoga this morning. She also reminded me to set a reminder to go to the gym. 🙄 and I thought this was a good idea... :gig
Uff, I asked Alexa how to cook rice and she told me it doesn't fit my food preferences. She tried to give me a recipe for cauliflower "rice." :rolleyes: :sick

She's so mean to me. :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH bid on a car in an online auction. (remember: he gets a car, I get a dog. ;) ) And he pet Splash and tried to play fetch. Splash wasn't going to give up his toy though. :gig

I took Splash to the pet store on Tuesday and let him get all kinds of wild and worked up. He did not have stress poo! :weeeHe's a keeper!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH pet Splash again today. :D :fl I re-started food transition, so I'm hoping Splash doesn't get diarrhea again. Stanky farts!! I set up Alexa to alert me when he whines or barks. The home device tells him to "settle" and plays dog relaxation music - and sends a notification to my phone. Nice. I worry about leaving him too long when I go to the shelter and run errands on the same day. After a couple hours, he started barking/whining every half hour or so, so I headed home in hopes of avoiding a poopocalypse. All clear!

Outsourcing routines to Alexa has made a big difference in just a couple days! I'm not struggling nearly as much with everyday "adulting" tasks, like remembering which kid is in time-out for how long or making calls to schedule appointments. That (reduction in cognitive demand) is showing up as my house being cleaner! :eek: I've barely scratched the surface of how I can use this tool. I plan to set up some movement/exercise routines because I simply forget to move when I'm home [in winter].

Baymax and Splash have been playing! :love I've never seen Baymax play with another dog before this (and not for lack of opportunities...)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 is sick with a fever. I've been feeling a little run down too. Lots of naps! No school next week, so we have time to rest.

I'm making progress on housekeeping. I'm trying to get all surfaces cleared and washed, adjust feng shui, and clear out some negative energy. I ordered incense cones, so I'm hoping to get cleaning done before they arrive.

I sewed a jacket for Splash! I got the wrong kind of nylon fabric so it is crinkly-noisy. I will try again!

DH has been playing fetch with Splash :love: