Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I made an appointment with my allopathic PCP. As predicted, the clinic wasn't going to accept the test results from functional medicine. I need this in my medical record at the traditional/allopathic clinic system. I'm not complaining, I'll get more complete testing and diagnostic out of it. Right now there's no way to tell if it's EPI or pancreatitis (and of course those can go together). They did serum enzymes and bloodwork for liver function. I have an ultrasound next week that can identify if I have gallstones, pancreatitis, or tumor. Good stuff to know. If I have a tumor I have to discontinue glutathione treatment. :fl

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH put up more hay last week. It's not good quality, but we can't be too fussy rn. We bought a round bale of low quality hay from a neighbor. It cost as much as good hay usually does.

We got rain over the weekend! Hopefully we'll keep getting rain once a week or so? :fl

Got a couple of labs back. Rules out acute pancreatitis (duh!). My white blood cell count is low, which leaves some of the more concerning possibilities in play.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I contacted my other doctor (the good one) and got them to order another white blood cell count to see if it's still low. I was feeling worse than usual so maybe I was fighting off a virus? They'll do a CA 19-9 screening too. It's not terribly specific but those will give me enough information to decide whether or not to continue glutathione while I wait for ultrasound (and results).

Kids and I sorted dog toys at the shelter for hours today. We are taking the stuffing out of the stuffed toys and sorting out toys which are too hazardous for dogs to have in their kennels when they are unsupervised. DS16 labels shelves that were organized recently.

I started making my class schedule for this fall. That's the easy part! Hard part is finishing curriculum and handouts for each class to make sure they're all pretty. Then making all my marketing materials to go with. Good thing I enjoy doing it!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I didn't get my CBC or CA 19-9 results back yet, so I had to cancel my glutathione treatment this week. Oooof. No fun. I'm struggling.

Ultrasound results came back early! No tumors seen, no major issues. I have a gallstone that is large enough to cause a problem, but isn't currently causing problems.

My H. pylori test came back negative! I got rid of it just with probiotics. :weeeMy allopathic doctor asked if I'd had antibiotics (no) and then said it was "untreated" 🙄 I hate that doctor SO MUCH. Pretty sure I read more medical journal articles than he does.... :gig

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The MINUTE you have pain from that gallstone, go get it yanked out immediately!

Its genetic. Mother had her's out in the 60's. 10" scar. I remember, cus Daddy was on flight duty and gone, and I held down the fort while Mother was in the military hospital for two days. I was in 6th grade.

DD had an attack when she was 30. Yanked it out. Three holes in the belly.

Niece last week, two days after her 32nd bd, had an attack. They yanked it out. Sent her home the same day. The next day she was back, admitted to the hospital, cus some of the tiny stones worked their way into her pancreas. Very dangerous to that organ. She went home three days later.

Don't wait, Tortoise, when the time comes.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The MINUTE you have pain from that gallstone, go get it yanked out immediately!

Its genetic. Mother had her's out in the 60's. 10" scar. I remember, cus Daddy was on flight duty and gone, and I held down the fort while Mother was in the military hospital for two days. I was in 6th grade.

DD had an attack when she was 30. Yanked it out. Three holes in the belly.

Niece last week, two days after her 32nd bd, had an attack. They yanked it out. Sent her home the same day. The next day she was back, admitted to the hospital, cus some of the tiny stones worked their way into her pancreas. Very dangerous to that organ. She went home three days later.

Don't wait, Tortoise, when the time comes.
Wow, that sounds rough! I'm going to ask my doctor for ursodiol rx to dissolve it.