Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm back from camping. It was pretty good. Mosquitos were fierce!

My doctor increased my dose of IV glutathione and it's going well. I'm feeling hopeful! I was able to do a lot today!

We are getting desperate for rain. The pasture is mostly brown, except for thistles and nettle. There are some low-lying places that hold water so my sheep still have something to eat. We got one cutting of hay. But hay prices might be wicked this year. We might reduce our flock.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope you get rain soon. It seems all over the country it’s either too little or too much rain. Weather patterns are crazy. It’s hot, humid and miserable here. Under excessive heat warning. I stand outside in the shade and sweat runs off me like I’m standing under a water sprinkler.
At least you got a cutting of hay, maybe it will be fall before you can get another cutting.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm back from camping. It was pretty good. Mosquitos were fierce!

My doctor increased my dose of IV glutathione and it's going well. I'm feeling hopeful! I was able to do a lot today!

We are getting desperate for rain. The pasture is mostly brown, except for thistles and nettle. There are some low-lying places that hold water so my sheep still have something to eat. We got one cutting of hay. But hay prices might be wicked this year. We might reduce our flock.
Yay for camping - boo for mosquitos!

Really glad the glutathione is helping and that you're feeling so much better.

Rain seems to either be feast or famine in some parts of the country. We're in a famine too. Our clay is turning into concrete. Hope you get enough rain for another cutting.

How many sheep do you have? Hurts to have to cut the flock when/if you don't want to.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
glad you are feeling ok, yes, it's too dry here too. grass is already tan to brown in most places other than the ditch bottoms. no rain in the forecast now for the next week and back to hot.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We got 1/10th inch of rain today, and the forecast is a week of 90's. We started watering the goat's pasture so they don't starve!

We keep 12 or 13 sheep through winter. I have one ewe I'd be happy to cull. We planned to cull her last year but made a mistake when we were loading sheep. She will go to auction. I could try selling a couple of the "meh" girls. But we have some we are quite attached to. We might let one of our oldest sheep go. She has arthritis and really struggles when bred. She is 9 years old. I think she's ready for rainbow bridge. ☹️

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had a major breakthrough this week. I discovered the source of one of my vitamin deficiencies - arguably the most serious one. The good news is I've figured out how to correct the deficiency. The bad news is my pancreas isn't working well. I commented back in March that I thought my test results looked like EPI. Unfortunately, I was right. It's manageable, I just hope it doesn't get worse. It can be a horrific disease for some people.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The gastro Doc thinks I have EPI. But the digestive pills don't do much when taken before each meal. So dunno....
I joined an EPI patient group on social media. Seems that a lot of GI docs have absolutely no clue what they're doing and prescribe shockingly low doses, or to take them once a day instead of with food, etc. Yikes. Are you using rx or OTC?