Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have been caught up in New Year's. It's seriously the best. Y'all are missing out! :gig

I have spent many hours filling in a new planner. I put *everything* into it. And now I see why I don't have time for anything, and still never get anything done! :gig I have been massaging my schedule to make it all fit.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hope that helps. The wife will do the pickup occasionally, but then invariably something gets picked with a short "best by" date and it aggravates her.

I actually enjoy shopping (with a list).

We are are trying to cut down on waste and overbuying. The latter is the difficult one

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope that helps. The wife will do the pickup occasionally, but then invariably something gets picked with a short "best by" date and it aggravates her.

the people who pick out the requests probably don't look at the produce they pull very closely, plus there is the problem where some products are not packed in bags which give a very good view of the produce so you may not notice one that is going off or not.

even when i look closely at a bag of apples or oranges i may not notice one that is slightly damaged. the last bag of apples when i picked it up to prep the other day there was a whole apple that had gone to mush and leaked juices into the bag but gladly it did not leak out of the bag when i carried it over to the counter or it would have been a mess.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I’m in the store, I see young people, probably teenagers or early 20’s, pushing carts and filling orders. Most look like they don’t even know what they are picking up or how to turn it into something edible.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
now you have to be pretty defensive even when shopping (not only the drive to get there but when you are in the store). Mom had a worker at our local grocery store come barrelling through a door from the back stock room pushing a pallet. she got hit by the door hard and then he ran into her with the pallet. :(