Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never heard of herxheimer reaction, had to look it up. Doesn’t sound very pleasant.

Your son is old enough to be exposed to childish disagreements between adults. Maybe an eye opener for him? As in, don’t act like that! Maybe it did him some good. Maybe he might even see how good he has it.

Stop. Spending. Money!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Your son is old enough to be exposed to childish disagreements between adults. Maybe an eye opener for him? As in, don’t act like that! Maybe it did him some good. Maybe he might even see how good he has it.
He has been much-much less of a jerk today. He started in with the exact pattern of behavior as his bio-dad. Pointed that out... not-terrible behavior since. Maybe above average for a teen!

He has been helping with cooking/cleaning/laundry. We made hoagie rolls from scratch. Prepped bacon. Made pastry dough for future danish braids. Made mashed potatoes for supper. 3 loads laundry done. Fed the chickens scraps a few times.

Oh! And sewing! I'm making heavy floor-to-ceiling drapes for my bedroom. I've had the fabric for years, but I wasn't strong enough to sew them. It takes some strength to hold up the heavy fabric! The sides and bottoms are hemmed and pressed. I ordered curtain rods and pinch pleat tape/hooks/rings - they'll arrive after Christmas. DS16 helped press the seams. He hated every minute, but he's getting better at ironing.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Stop. Spending. Money!
Ooof. I have different bad habits than a few months ago. That's progress?
  • I haven't bought training treats or dog gear for 2-3 months. 🙌
  • I stopped getting fast food! I've had energy to pack food to go! 🎉
  • But I lost weight - down a clothing size - and bought clothes. Mostly thrifted, but it's still money...
  • I bought a couple things for the house on Black Friday. A dining room rug, console shelf to get my small plants off the kitchen counter, curtain rods etc for my bedroom drapes. I'm sorta regretting these because ⬇️
  • Lots and lots of healthcare costs, supplements, and protein shake powders :hide . I'm afraid to look at my credit card bill. It's at least 1/4 related to my health. 🙈 it's ***working*** though! So I need to use my energy to control other costs, such as ⬇️
  • Grocery shopping with DS8 is my weakness. He's so sweet and helpful, and so skinny. I don't say no to him enough. He's not a fussy eater. I need to get him in the kitchen and bake more stuff with me.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A very old braincell from the 70s triggered when you said Methylene Blue. It was a staining agent in microbiology. Guess it has more uses now.

Does your hubs have HSA's set up for his employees and self for his practice? If so, then your contribution thru out the year for medical costs will be to use those deductions now, before Dec 31st. Remember that they are tax free dollars you set aside.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

i learned a lot about life from the examples of my parents/step-parents and older siblings. some of it was simple survival skills but it does also mean that i'm more often the observer and not participating in the moments themselves.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Speaking of money, DH and I maxed out our credit card yesterday. :gig We try to put everything on the card because it has substantial rewards. (And we pay it off each month). DH bought a tractor implement and paid for it with the credit card. Oops! :gig no biggie, paid half the balance and left the rest for autopay.