Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Got the check from lamb auction. Rough. 😵 feeder lambs went for $0.75/#. Usually is over $2/#. Thank goodness we sold half the lambs last month at higher prices! We didnt buy hay this year - made our own - so we came out okay.

I hope the hay is good quality. DH hasnt stocked grain for sheep yet. They need it February through April to maintain body condition.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Mixed feelings, and a brief update.

Boi attacked my old barn cat, Gracie when she came up to the patio door for breakfast. I saw it happen, scooped her up, DS15 put Boi in the car and we went to the vet clinic. I didn't even put shoes on. 😏

Gracie has a broken rib and is expected to survive. She is not paralyzed. She is drugged up on painkillers and hospitalized.

Boi will be euthanized later today. He is not cat-safe or sheep-safe, has bitten DH 4 times, and has been growling and barking at DH every day for 2 years. Heck, he would start growling and barking when he heard the goats yell, because the goats yell at DH when he gets home (when they think they need more/better hay 🙄).

I'm kinda all over the place.
Defeat
Sadness
Relief
Peace

I'm going to scrub some stuff until I feel better.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm sick today. My family got a mild flu-like cold. We're almost overit, but I have the sinus congestion and muscle soreness today. (This is just me whining while I wait for sudafed and ibuprofen to kick in.)

DH roasted a chicken, made potatoes au gratin from scratch, and is making homemade bratwurst now.

Kids have swim lessons today. I'm dreading that, but keep telling myself that the meds will work and I'll feel better by then. I might walk Splash while I wait for their lessons.