Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Herxing is kicking my butt today. I'm in a temporary routine of getting DS8 on the bus and going back to sleep for a few hours. Not fun. Hard to keep up on housework this way. I had plans to make a nice dinner and desserts for Yule tomorrow. IDK if I will be able to. I need to bake a yule log cake today so I can fill and roll it tomorrow.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
now you have to be pretty defensive even when shopping (not only the drive to get there but when you are in the store). Mom had a worker at our local grocery store come barrelling through a door from the back stock room pushing a pallet. she got hit by the door hard and then he ran into her with the pallet. :(
oh wow! That's no good! Is/was she okay?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm feeling unwell. I'm over a minor cold, but my body hasn't gotten the memo. I got a glutathione infusion this morning. Hoping that will help. Hot baths (poor man's sauna), xylitol nasal irrigation. IDK what else to throw at this. IDK why my body does this. It's annoying.

Snow is on the way. I'm adjusting plans so I don't need to drive in it. Sounds like a cozy weekend if we can stay home.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We all have COVID now.

I was *so* tired yesterday evening. Tiny bit of sore/dry feeling throat. I'm fine today. My regular supplements/treatments work against COVID. Nice little silver lining.

DS8 is pretty much over it. A little congestion. And baby man cold over the congestion. It hurts his feelings

DS16 is less affected. Occasional cough.

DH has it the worst. It's affecting him like a moderate flu.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
One of my oldest ewes died yesterday while DH and I were at work. She was just shy of 10 years old. She died from bloat. She was near term with 3 gorgeous lambs. :( I'm not terribly sad to see her go. She had arthritis and was starting to struggle. I was prepared to fight DH to have her euthanized this year after she weaned her lambs. She was too old and ouchy, no need to make her suffer.

6 live lambs now. 6 dead. Not a great year so far.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pulled a dead calf from a cow this afternoon... head and 1 leg out... 1 leg hung up... looks like it might have been dead a few days, smelly fluid expelled...not showing anything yesterday.... must have finally gone into labor... good cow, if we can't find a calf tomorrow to graft, she will get dried up and put back with bull in June...
Lost a 600 + lb steer; several got snotty noses, acting off... that 's about $1800 buried in the landfill... OUCH.:th:barnie:he:he:hit:hit:hit:hit:th:th:somad:somad:somad😭😭😭😭😭