Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know how cold it gets there but it might be that no one taps them because it isn't cold enough.

Selling raw sap? Wow I would have a hard time selling that I imagine. I could probably sell finished syrup but nowhere near enough to pay my taxes! Lol NH taxes are bad though.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@hqueen13 , I would need to change my pants after that! Terrifying!!!

I'm having a better day. I did some manipulative shopping to get DS10 to do his writing assignment. "It would be sad if I went to OfficeMax and you couldn't pick out new notebooks because your writing wasn't done....". :gig

I bought a jogger stroller at a thrift store. I thought I might regret it, but took the risk at $15. Turns out I LOVE it. It has big bicycle-style tires and works great for off-road. Because of it, I was able to get out to the garden even though DS2 was sleepy and tantrummy.

Our neighbor said I could dig out rhubarb he was mowing over. I dug it and planted in my rhubarb. I saw stray strawberry plants and wild columbine. I plan to ask if I can dig them out also.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, good score on the stroller. My oldest daughter was croupy when she was a baby and the only time I could get her to sleep was an afternoon stroll outside then she would sleep for a few short hours when we got home. Also, the only time I could sleep. I want so much to have rhubarb. It's not really a crop people grow here but I love it. Rarely even see it in the stores and when you do it's not in good shape.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever tried dehydrating extra rhubarb? Does it work well in recipes afterwards?

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. I'm thinking about dehydrating some of the strawberries in my freezer.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Dehydrating frozen things...let me know if that works well, I need to do the same if it does!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You are able to dehydrate frozen vegetables. The only thing is you end up with a syrupy film on the bottom of your dehydrator. I like to do this because you are able to take your time when you have so much surplus it would spoil otherwise. I am already getting ready to slice and freeze bananas to dehydrate later (if the kiddos don't eat them up first).