Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Test is done. It was BRUTAL. OMG. Whoever thought standing up would be so hard? The test is getting hooked up to monitors, lie down for 30 minutes, then the table tilts up to almost standing.

My HR increased by 93 bpm immediately and blood pressure shot up from normal to 179/87! I was tachy and hypertensive the whole time. Violent tremors, my legs went out from under me. I was tilted to standing position for 13 minutes, didn't faint but it was so hard on my body they stopped the test early - it's supposed to be 45 minutes - and we don't know what mechanism causes me to faint. Took me a long time to recover. Hubby had to take me out in a wheelchair. I had tremors for about 30 minutes afterwards too. I'm still tired.

I have a prescription to try. So.... we'll see what happens. I'm going to start an exercise program that is supposed to help.

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy cow, bet you're glad that's over! It is pretty crazy that your body is like... No, standing up doesn't work for me. Hope the meds and exercise program help!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
wow kiddo x2 what NH homesteader said. I sure hope the meds and exercises do the trick. you take care of you.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am so glad it's over! What a relief! And to think I've been worried this whole time because I've been "feeling better" and worried I would get a false negative test. :gig silly me! :gig

My parents came up here for babysitting. They've had DS10 for a week. Sent DS10 back with them at least until Monday so I don't have to deal with piano lessons yet.

Crazy how my house is pretty much clean despite everything. Silver linings. Getting a break from DS10 makes a big difference. I can't wait for public school to start!

I have a couple projects brewing though!!

1) DH put a frost free hose faucet on the house near the goat pasture. There is big field stone landscaping there so it's unsteady footing and unsafe for me. We have a stack of bricks, so my plan is t get bricks in there for safe footing, weed and prune the area. Falling into a nettle patch would only make it worse.

2) I've had light sensitivity this past week and noticed that while I have blackout drapes in the living/dining area, there's nothing on the kitchen window. It's all one room. This is a problem. I have leftover fabric and I order components to make a relaxed roman / balloon shade for the window.

3) I REALLY need to work with my pack goat. Get straps fitted on his sawbuck. And get back to walking with him. He's a teenager and I'm afraid he's going to get unsafe because he's not wethered. (Like tame rams get dangerous). Do bucks get dangerous?

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a frost free faucet for winter use and I love. use to have to carry 5 gal. water buckets thru the snow to the barn. that was killer.
unfortunately an unwethered buck will definitely get unsafe as they become sexually mature even if there are no does around. and he will begin to stink to high heaven during breeding season. if you want a goat that is easy to work with you really need to get him castrated.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thank you goatgurl. DH keeps asking when he can castrate. When I got him I had a dairy doe and was going to breed / milk. She died. And looks like my health isn't going to continue being variable. So maybe I'll let him castrate my goat. Sad to give up a dream, but I have a dangerous tame ram. It's bad.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well not all bucks are dangerous necessarily, but he wouldn't be very easy to work with. And yes he would smell! Very difficult to pack with an intact buck. You can always get another buck someday!

So DS10 is going back to school? How's he feeling about that?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS10 was really upset about school, but he's coming 'round. Grandpa is going to teach him how to open a combination lock. That will help.

BUT YOU GUYS!!!! :ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya

I started my new medication last night. I had a bad attitude about the medication, so sure it wouldn't work. Well I woke up this morning with ZERO brain fog. Usually I wait all day and get a couple hours of mental alertness at bedtime. I was still tachy, which really doesn't bother me so much. To be upright and alert and not irritable and wierd mood changes from cerebral hypoperfusion is ..... IDK it's so weird. Like y'all are like this all the time? That's craaazy.

I had most of my 3-day to-do list done before 8 a.m. :eek:

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I might get crazy and take a shower. In the morning. Haven't been able to do that since..... uh.... yeah. It's never happened.

Usually I take a bath in the afternoon when I'm more stable because I get tachy, low blood pressure from the bath, then my veins don't adjust getting out and I get body chills, acrocyanosis and fatigue. Takes me 1 - 2 hours to recover from bathing. (And taking a shower is 20x worse)