Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My kids dumped a bucket of blueberries onto the floor and they got all dog hairy, so I'm making another batch of syrup from them because the recipe calls for straining the juice. I just won't make preserves out of the hairy pulp! :gig

I blanched another dehydrator-full of berries!

I have one bucket left for canning berries in light syrup recipe. I'm just resting for a bit first.

DH keeps trying to give the blueberries away! I was getting peeved! He brought in 3 buckets and was about to call someone to come pick. We gave away 6 buckets last week and I didn't have enough for my recipes. Last year he gave almost all away to his brother to make wine - I didn't get to can any last year! He's like "you have 3 buckets already!" I told him he could call in pickers after I get one more full bucket. He was not happy with my response. My mission is to cook down the last bunch before he gets done in the garden to prove my point that 3 buckets was not excess. :lol:

I'll be more sharing after I get a year's worth of berry products for our family put up - and a bit more for gifts.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband does that too! He's always giving away meat we raised- I'm like yeah, we did all that work so someone else can eat my food. Not! If I want to share I'll invite them over for dinner, lol.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:smackLOL! YES! So annoying! I'm all for being generous, but **AFTER** my family's needs are met.

Got all my canning done, used up all the ripe berries picked today. The results are underwhelming for all the cooking I did today!

12 pints blueberry syrup
5 pints berries in water for baking
3 pints blueberry butter

DH picked 3 zucchini and some baby red potatoes. Not much coming out of the garden. Gives me time for the blueberry bumper crop. A year ago was the other way around, I was up to my elbows canning green beans and didn't have enough blueberries to can.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm done with early blueberries. (Maybe). Bushes are loaded, but the berries are small. Would be good ones to dehydrate but :th

One of our lambs died yesterday. DH did postmortem and fecal egg count. It died from worms. The lamb was wormed, so we're feeling uncomfortable with the situation. DH is going to do a fecal egg count reduction which would help determine if we're dealing with resistant strains of worms.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Uh oh... I hope not! Good time to have a vet husband huh? Hope the rest are ok! Blueberries just started here. Going picking next week but I unfortunately have to pay at a PYO place!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS10 is at grandma's house. It's so quiet! It's lovely, really! I don't have to take him back until Friday. I wonder if I'll start to miss him before then?

I've been laying low, staying in bed a lot. I have the tilt table test on Friday and it's messing with my head. I am afraid of "if" they use the maximum time for the test - 45 minutes. I can't imagine. I hope I faint or they let me down as soon as they have enough data for diagnosis. I usually have tremors or vision distrubances by 8 minutes standing, and get non-verbal shortly after. I have never stood still more than 12 minutes - and that 12 minutes was this week, I was going for 25 minutes so I could get a feel for how the test might go and feel less anxious about it.

No canning going on, nothing much coming in from the garden, no projects in progress, have been slacking on piano practice too - skipping my next lesson.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yes take care of yourself!! I hope the tests give a conclusive diagnosis for you and you have good results with whatever treatment!! I can't imagine doing all you do with your symptoms, you're tough, so don't worry about the test. You got this sister!!!