Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lol, I would have picked the berries and skipped the rest! Although I'd love to be invited to your house for supper! Sounds delicious!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm so over blueberries! Too much of a good thing!

I made peanut butter m&m cookies, played with kids outside and took a nap. I'm thankful for crockpot supper!

This was the first time I've cooked dry beans and they turned out good! Pity that i have no idea how long they cooked! I turned on the wrong burner, and they were soaking in a pan on the burner I turned on. no idea how long until I discovered it. (Thank goodness there wasn't something flammable on the stove!). I would like to master cooking dry beans. I don't like buying canned beans, but poorly cooked beas - either mushy or grainy - are worse!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Been kinda lazy long weekend here. We took the kids to a town festival. I had an episode of symptoms which was not much fun, but DH saved the day and the rest of the day was good! There was a kiddie carnival with games like Plinko. DS10 LOVES plinko!

DH finished trim under my kitchen cabinet toe kick. Very pleased to have that done. I detail cleaned, including under the stove. Yuck! Way worse than under the fridge!

I started splitting hostas. We have about 40 beautiful hostas... that needed splitting a couple years ago. I haven't been physically up to the challenge in previous years. I got one dug up, split, and transplanted today! Very exciting! Digging up these behemoths is the hardest part! I have peonies to transplant also. I wasn't strong enough to dig them out when I tried in the past. Maybe I'll give it another shot now.

We have beautiful light rain now, and weather forecast is for a few chilly days. I need to make a plan for staying warm without the propane furnace. I may go sew up a rice bag for myself. My old one wore out - the rice pulverized into flour and was coming out through the fabric! I'll plan some meals that will warm up the house. Maybe I'll have some canning to do too.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And mine. :) I haven't gotten even 1 jar canned get this year. The garden always seems to get bumped off "the list of things to do today"
I plan on visiting in Wisconsin next month, and am really hoping to bring some of my hostas and peonies back with me. The peonies were my grandmother's. What color are your peonies?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It sounds like you are having a wonderful time catching up over there. I'm so glad they finally found a way to make you feel better! :hugs These cool, rainy days are perfect for transplanting and otherwise messing with plants, so enjoy!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
What color are your peonies?

They are pink
IMG_2538.JPG

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They ARE beautiful!
We have some that are a paler pink at my mom's house, and some that are white. I'm hoping they will grow here. They were my dad's mom's flowers.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Don't give up on peonies too soon after moving them. i've heard it can take 10 years after transplanting before they will flower again! I need to move mine and I'm being silly worrying about that!

I've been busy in the kitchen. DH is a happy as could be. :love i'm having fun doing kitchens things I hadn't been able to do before - cook with potatoes, and use the blender.

I made another puree soup today, this one is a bit spicy/warming tomato soup. Lots of other stuff in it. I made two batches and froze one of them. I have oat bread baking now and have dinner rolls rising. I've never made proper dinner rolls before, so it's a bit exciting. I haven't enjoyed cooking for ages - I'm having fun!