Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yaaaayyyyy! So nice to hear happy updates, particularly those that involve dinner rolls because mmmm

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've moved peonies before without a problem but never 900 miles... 10 years?? I can't keep track of what I do day to day. :eek:

Sooo happy for you able to be do so much right now! :clap

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Those flowers are gorgeous and it's good to hear you sounding so good and busy! :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
On Saturday DH wanted to go hiking, but I'd woken late, got a late start on my medications and wasn't feeling well enough. So... instead... for something "easier", we spent 6 hours cleaning the barn. DH has been letting the meaties free range in the barn - they make an enormous mess. We did a few winter-prep barn projects too.

We went hiking on Sunday. Tough hike, 8 - 9 miles of hills in a forest. I managed fine until the last stretch, 1/4 mile flat roadside.... in the sun. Sunshine/heat = vasodilation = not enough blood in my brain to function. I barely made it back to the car, DH had to help me.

Yesterday I didn't feel great. POTS has some similarities with CFS where overexertion causes days of crash. But yesterday wasn't too bad, so I thought I'd push through it. I did "mouse exclusion" pruning of the landscaping bushes around my house. It hadn't been done in 4 years - huge job.

Today is worse, I'm obviously dysregulated and irritable from it. Movies for DS2. I'm resting and hoping to recover before tomorrow. Good news for y'all is I'll be online a lot today, daydreaming of new projects to get myself into.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my! So sorry you had such a rough time. I'm sure it's hard to want to pace yourself after you finally started feeling better. I guess it's good to listen to your body and don't over-do it. You're getting a lot more done than I am, lol!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs It must be hard having to take it easy after being able to be busy finally. But do take it easy today as much as you can. You've done a great lot lately and that was quite a hike from the sound of things!

I feel your pain over the barn and the meaties. My few birds are sleeping in my shed at the moment and I cannot believe the mess they made in there already. I can't wait to get their pen here and set up.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh on the meaties in the barn. I hate chicken messes, they're ruining everything at my house right now.

Take it easy today! How's your older son doing at school?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm recovering faster than I'd expected, but still taking it easy. I'm less light sensitive and have been able to push the curtains back a little bit. I'm in bed with a cookbook! It's a uber-healthy vegan cookbook I'm pursuing for frugal oat recipes. I was inspired to make a milkshake for DS2 and myself. LOL

DS10 is forgetting to bring things home. Forgot to return a library book, forgot his gym shoes, forgot his snack container, forgot his math worksheet. :gig I had him make a plan/strategy to fix things getting lost in his locker. I said he has a week before I will go to the school and go through his locker with him at the end of the day. He is HORRIFIED by that prospect! :gig.

I sent my parent statement for the acceleration child study. The assistant principal said he'd have a response from the team for me on Wednesday. DS10 thought he'd been given 7th grade testing, and they didn't give him multiple grade level testing. If he's right, I wonder what exactly they're up to. I know for certain he will test above 7th grade in language arts since last year he tested >90th percentile for entering 11th grade and I didn't believe it so I had him take the State college placement test and he score "above 1/3 of incoming freshmen". In math he is prone to calculation errors so he could certainly test low. He doesn't test great on science with ACT suite of testing because it's so heavy on data interpretation - exactly the work he's been skipping for the last 3 years. Karma kiddo, karma. Can't be skipping pages, and now you know why!

I really-really wonder where it's all going. The elementary school was anti-acceleration for him when he was 7. All I need from the elementary school is to promote him to middle/high school where they are pro-acceleration.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I failed to notice the temperature had risen 30 degrees. I turned on the air conditioner yesterday and about an hour later I felt normal. I feel silly for not noticing sooner!

I got an email from the elementary school. They are recommending acceleration and referred him to the middle/high school. So he's not staying in 5th grade. No idea where he'll end up.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It got hot here too the past few days. Yuck!

Well glad they have the ball rolling. Will the middle/high school do more testing do you think? I hope they find the right place for him soon!