Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
On Saturday I went to my hometown for a Dysautonomia International awareness event. It was awesome to meet other people who have similar struggles. I made a day of it, shopped, spent way too much money, and had an awesome-fun day. I left the kids with Grandma and had a lazy Sunday too.

Last night though....
DS2 decided that sleeping on the top of the stairs was a good idea. I caught him in the act and took him back to bed. Then just before midnight as I'm about to turn my light off, I hear him FALL DOWN THE STAIRS. :eek: He was barely awake, so sleepy, but I woke up DH to check him over. Then DS2 woke up and started SCREAMING. That's the worst feeling ever. He calmed down and started talking about "scared" and he claimed that nothing hurt. I sat up with him for about an hour before I was satisfied that his pupils were unchanged. Then I slept with him - and an alarm set for every 2 hours to check on him. After the last check I took him to bed. 6 a.m. I woke up at 9 and felt awful, too sick to take my medication. Then woke up 11:45 feeling less-awful. Today has been rough, poor sleep, dehydration, and late medication. I'm getting stuff done slowly, but mostly need to sit and keep drinking Gatorade :sick until I'm not tachy.

DH was able to take the afternoon off work and he is out bowhunting. It's windy! i bet he's freezing even with his heated vest and insoles.

DH put a light on for the hens and after a couple days we had a bunch of new layers! nice! We had an egg customer - 1 dozen a week - and I didn't have enough left for us. Now we'll have plenty of eggs through the winter even while the molting birds recover. DH wants to cull because of the prospect of having 20+ eggs per day in spring (11 dozen per week). I disagree. I can use 6 dozen per week in our cooking/baking. We sell 1 dozen per week. And we can go back to giving our parents 4 dozen per week like we used to before we started using our own eggs. That's 11 dozen, I think we'll be okay!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow....scary stuff when your kiddo tumbles down the stairs. So glad he's ok!

Sounds like you were able to have a good weekend (until last night). Sorry today has been a challenge. Really hope you feel better soon. :hugs

Good on the eggs! My girls are on strike....ugh!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Glad to hear DS2 is o.k. Hope you feel better :hugs

If you're looking at that many eggs come Spring, maybe get another customer to cover some more of the feeding costs?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How's DS doing now? hope no lasting issues, that's scary. I hope everyone got some sleep last night!

Wow you use some serious eggs! I am getting one egg a day, lol. And really 3 eggs a dsy is enough most of the time. I have way more chickens than I need! Although I'll start selling/giving some away when I have more.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You can hide eggs in everything! 2 eggs can hide in a loaf of bread - you'll never notice the difference. We can go through 4+ loaves per week. Eggs for breakfast = 6 eggs per day. I eat eggs for lunch or snack too several times per week. My kids love French Toast casserole, which is made out of stale bread and 12 - 18 eggs. We like lemon curd - that uses 6. DS10 likes to bake cakes from scratch and those recipes use like 8 eggs. :gig.

Today looks hopeful! I tried elevating the head end of my bed with bricks. (DH was not enthusiastic). It's supposed to preserve fluid volume overnight. I work up feeling mentally alert, which was wonderful! Didn't have an effect on tachycardia, but that's okay. If I'm mentally alert I can cope with a lot.

DH shot a deer yesterday afternoon, but she moved between when he released the shot and when she was hit so it was a non lethal shot, but bleeding profusely, and he has been tracking her. He was out until 9:30 p.m. tracking and got up very early to go track before work. He's been calling the neighbors who have all been willing to help. Crappy situation. Poor deer!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did be find the deer? That is awful, my husband always feels so terrible if things don't end easily and quickly.

How are things at school for DS? Where has he been placed?

And if I end up with too many eggs I guess I know who to ask for advice!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
He did not. He tracked the morning after before work, then took an extra long lunch break and tracked again until the blood trail ended.

DH shot (and killed) a doe yesterday. Clean shot, through both lungs and the heart, she didn't run. A relief for DH. Not for me, I'm not looking forward to cutting up cold meat. DH will likely shoot mutton and lamb tonight and get them hanging. He prefers to process all at once.

I have not heard from the school yet about grade placement. He has the beginning of a 504 started to be prepared for that acceleration. I should contact the school, they've had plenty of time.

The elevating the head o the bed trick is working! I don't have to take medication/water and wait for a couple hours before getting up. I can just get up! I've been having trouble with vasoconstriction that leaves me like an ice cube, but DH suggested I wear his heated vest from his hunting gear. It's AMAZING! I can function! I even went trick-or-treating for Halloween! I went to the barn 3 times yesterday and walked a mile outdoors. :ep

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! So great that you're finding all these tips and tricks that are helping! Sometimes the littlest things are a big relief!