Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the goatie boy. Any chance he is under the hay? Well, under the lean over part....? Animals who have made an escape generally return to the food source. So, I'm like you, it doesn't look good.

That said, I will offer this -- a man drove up with a goat about 3 yrs ago, granddaughter answered knock on door. He "found" this goat, only knew of MY farm with them. The two of them decided it must be mine and penned it in an empty paddock. GD texted me it was here. Getting home, not mine! I fed, watered, & sheltered -- one week before Xmas. Next day I drove to another nearby who had Boer goats, he had her escape over 6 wks prior!! She was blind since birth, now about 8 y/o, and we do not know where she had been but, plenty of woods between us. They had looked and sadly given up. There are times when things just work out well. We had a Christmas miracle that year!

I hope this is one of your times for a miracle.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm in week 2 of kinda-keto diet. It's so easy and yummy and I'm never left feeling hungry. I'm down 13.5" in 12 days. :eek::weee 30 days left!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm basically eating fat and fiber. Probably 85% fat or more. Low carbing to usually under 50 grams total carbs per day. Cheese, nuts, some meats, lower-carb veggies, occasional piece of low-fructose fruit or fruit puree. Lots of cream, butter, cream cheese. I've actually been eating more veggies than ever - mostly spinach, celery, and sweet peppers.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Any chance he is under the hay? Well, under the lean over part....?

I think that's possible. :\

I'm very happy today because I successfully sold this week's eggs. 4 dozen to my new egg customer. 2 dozen to a random one. 1 dozen to my original customer. I had to go grab today's eggs to fill the last carton! DH didn't tell me about the random 2 dozen! Thankfully he asked before he grabbed from the eggs I had ready to deliver this afternoon! My chicken math says I need more hens! :D

DH thinks my deep litter for the hens is going to be an abysmal stinky failure come spring thaw. We had a little warm snap here so I pitchforked around the waterer and added new bedding there. It didn't seem as bad/wet/compacted/stinky as I expected. IDK. I hope DH is wrong.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Somebody needs more chickens ;)

Did you see @Beekissed's posts about her deep litter/compost in the coop?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm with you, Tortoise....I may need more hens. :) So my girls have decided to help me out with the feed bill and I'm sure pleased! Getting aver 2 doz day last 2 weeks. Customers are happy, also. Should be at 4 dz dy before too long, legs & combs coloring up. Then short while I have a handful of new chicks to start up, hopefully will take care of those who I anticipate will go broody for me. Pretty eggs, nice colors :thumbsup

Yesterday, dwelling inside during some quick wind & showers, I went onto CL. There I find an ad for grain mixes.....whoop!....no mills near me anymore. Been looking for such to be able to get better feed mix AND better price. I called him this morning.

Well, this is the actual farmer! He has livestock, huge farm, 4-H supporter, and natural methods...not totally organic, mostly. I am so happy. Can get custom mixes, his own mixes, about $10.50 per hundred. That's 1/2 current prices, better feeds (non GMO), higher proteins....+++ Can also get straight bags of one type grain,and seed to PLANT. Wanted some winter wheat, etc. for graze. :love:bow:D This will be huge for me!! Had to share. He also raises hay -- no herbicides, etc. So, I'm looking to adopt him! :hide Yeah, only 40 miles out.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ell, this is the actual farmer! He has livestock, huge farm, 4-H supporter, and natural methods...not totally organic, mostly. I am so happy. Can get custom mixes, his own mixes, about $10.50 per hundred. That's 1/2 current prices, better feeds (non GMO), higher proteins....+++ Can also get straight bags of one type grain,and seed to PLANT. Wanted some winter wheat, etc. for graze. :love:bow:D This will be huge for me!! Had to share. He also raises hay -- no herbicides, etc. So, I'm looking to adopt him! :hide Yeah, only 40 miles out.
That is AWESOME! Forty miles isn't too bad if you buy in bulk!

Latest posts