Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, that poor hen must be traumatised after that lot.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Geeze louise! Won't that get you up to about a zillion seeds planted? :)
Nearly! I'd keep on planting if I had more space and more light. I have 20 trays. I went to bed at a reasonable time last night so I'm finishing planting more today. 3 (of the 20) left now.

I've been sidetracked by DS11's behavior problems. (Not an additional child, he had a birthday. ;) ) He still hasn't done yesterday's chores or yesterday's homework. 20 hours and his chore (dishes!) isn't done. AND WE HAVE A DISHWASHER! It's just not that hard! I kept him home from school. His grades have dropped in school and he has more late work since his intervention. He has 8 days left to catch up or he might get kicked out of one of his classes. I hope he does get kicked out of the class. It's not a good placement for him! :hide

I'm angry because we have beautiful weather and I'm stuck indoors. And we'll have ugly weather tomorrow - we're under a winter storm warning tomorrow and Saturday. Now they're saying 5-8" of snow, sheet ice and gusting wind. I haven't even done barn chores yet this morning! I piled up extra hay for the sheep last night so they should manage, but they're so dang thin right now. We're working on getting a custom feed mix for them, but we're waiting for a hay analysis result, expected Monday. Anyway, I'm under DS11 house arrest. I went to the bathroom and that was long enough for him to take a pickled egg from the fridge, eat a bite, and stash the rest someplace. We'll find it by the smell in a few days? :sick

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
7.5" overnight and gentle snow continuing. Forecast is 1 - 3" more before it's over.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hope it will be over-over soon. It's "spring", you should be getting warmer now, not snow?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The snow finally stopped this morning. We were at 8.75" yesterday afternoon. No school today.

We should have high's in the low 50's within a week.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Then it's MUD! We're in for highs of up to 80F by the weekend I heard o_O That is going to feel hot after the snow and cold we had.