Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was hoping you'd hear today. :(

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
no news is better than bad news? *sigh*

Fortunately I was busy today. I had a cancellation at work, so I groomed my dog instead. Cub Scouts this evening took 100% of my attention herding the Tiger Cubs (the 6 year olds!).

I will try to stay busy tomorrow until we find out!!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No news. As of noon, our buyer's agent has not been able to reach the seller's agent. Her voicemail is full.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Our offer on the house was not accepted. My fiance is taking it a little hard. I'm happy for the experience anyway. It pulled us closer together. And cleared out a serious amount of junk from our house. Less work to do when we finally get a place.

Now waiting for something else to pop up on the market... our year of house shopping continues...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry. but I bet something better will come along for you!!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Our offer on the house was not accepted. My fiance is taking it a little hard. I'm happy for the experience anyway. It pulled us closer together. And cleared out a serious amount of junk from our house. Less work to do when we finally get a place.

Now waiting for something else to pop up on the market... our year of house shopping continues...
I searched for 27 months. I think I saw every for sale house in the County made 3 offers [all to nuts] Thursday 9Am I got a call at work, Agent "I found your house, But I can't work for you because I listed it but I don't even turn in the paperwork until tomorrow Can you get away? because this house is going to go fast" I got out of work and met the agent at the house 0.3 miles from where I worked and it had everything on my must have list and a bunch of dandy features that I had never thought of.
I knew the agent was rushing me and it bothered me so we went to lunch [he paid, 1st ever] He said what is wrong with you? Everything you want is there.
You pushing is what is bothering me. OK here is the story i get 3% for listing and the seller agent gets 3% until tomorrow when I have to turn in the papers for listing I control the sale. If you have a big problem just say so and I will go to the second on the list and collect 6%. If it is just price it can come out of my commission. We will stick every protective clause in the perchase offer including the one about finance even I know you intend to pay cash. This will nail down the sale so you can get out if you want but the seller can't These are fighting unmarried couple and they could make up tonight if I don't close the deal.
Well I understood that so we went back made the purchase offer and the seller accepted by 1PM the deal was done and the seller served wine.
So keep looking and consider getting married banks always feel better dealing with a couple,no matter how the deed is made out/~gd FYI the place was great I wouldn't have sold for $million.