Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I can barely waddle-shuffle around the house today! Ouch! My belly is hugely puffy! I'm crabby. I hate being crabby. :(

DH and DS10 have been working hard! DH blanched and froze whole tomatoes, milled a batch of tomato sauce (cooking down now), is canning tomato juice. DS10 has been helping and cleaning. My bathroom is sparkling, mudroom clean, dishes done, 3 loads laundry in progress, upstairs swept. DH served me breakfast in bed and lunch in bed. DS10 is making pancakes for supper. :love

I so thankful. They're the best! :love

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH has been cooking and canning like crazy!! :love. He canned 7 quarts of tomato sauce, 7 quarts of tomato juice, blanched and froze whole tomatoes too, 12 pints of applesauce (I think? It's a lot) :love

I have 2 batches of tomato BBQ sauce started, but we're out of jars, so ... tomorrow.

My mom is staying overnight and tomorrow to help with kids. And getting more canning jars, apparently!

I'm ready for a nap, again.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How awesome is he? Thanks for reminding me why I'm making DH get a vasectomy. Ouch. Poor you!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Your DH is a keeper! Hope you're recovering well and feeling o.k. :hugs

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

pi pie 1.jpg

Wow that is just too cool... I helped my daughter in law make a twisted lattice cherry pie once and I was amazed how creative she is. This takes it to a new level though.

I take the 592653 piece - thanks :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Today is better than yesterday, so way-way better than Saturday! I might be back to myself in a week. My mom was here today. She took me shopping. I got an ACE bandage to wrap around my belly - that helps me be more active without ouchy jiggling. I bought a cast iron skillet (finally) and groceries. After my nap, my mom helped me with tomato based BBQ sauce and tomato juice.