Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I need some garden OCD! I'm getting better! Last year was first year I understood my physical limitations. I was able to start veggie and flower seeds successfully. I did a lot more in the garden than previous years (which isn't much). And that was before I had any treatment. I'm hopeful I'll be able to participate in gardening more in 2018. I'm planning some more little plantings near the house where I don't have to deal with "the hill" that keeps me out of the garden most the time.

I'm feeling okay-ish. Evenings are hard with fatigue and irritability, tinnitus, noise sensitivity, some cognitive impairment similar to ADHD. Those are symptoms of low blood flow to the brain. I have an appointment next week, so hopefully there's something different to make evenings better.

My experiment continues with no news. I am curious if I can continue it comfortably into summer though. Seems impossible?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sure hope the upcoming year is better for ya! You deal with challenges on a daily basis that many of us have never had to deal with. :hugs Keep us posted on the experiment! :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had a medication change this past week. It's helping a lot with fatigue and the mood/personality changes I was having when I was standing up. The medication constricts my blood vessels - which helps my poor brain get more oxygen. :love

DS10 is doing well in school. He's getting a single subject acceleration in math after the holiday/christmas break. That will put him in 8th grade. If he does well, he'll be bumped up to Algebra 1 for 3rd trimester. i'm very happy with this arrangement. I didn't want him to sit through a whole year of Algebra1, but it has been a couple years since he did A1, so review of the end will be very good for him.

I've made 9 quarts of eggnog this month! :drool

I found directions for making a spinning wheel out of PVC. I smell a project coming on. :D

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for your poor brain! Lol

Eggnog... Sounds delicious. I could go for some of that right now!

And really, update us on this project because that sounds interesting!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No break for me! We got alleged norovirus at a christmas party with extended family. As of now, 1/3 of the people at the party got sick. DH got it worst - he was on IV fluids for 20 hours. I got it mildly. i was barely sick, mostly fatigue and muscle pain for a day. DS10 got it too.... but not before sharing it with his other parent's family. DH got sick at work and spread it all around there. I let his employees know what is up and they know to bleach everything. DH went to work Sunday morning (normal), but was gone for hours. He didn't answer his phone or text messages, which was strange, so I went to check on him. Glad I did! He was in rough shape! His SIL is a nurse practitioner and was able to come over promptly and start treatment. DH was too out of it to realize how seriously sick and dehydrated he was.

DS2 has been staying with other family that is not (yet?) sick. He is fine so far.

We are home, self-quarantined. We're mostly feeling fine but if it was norovirus, we are contagious for a few days after getting over it.

I am washing and bleaching everything! over and over! I ordered hospital disinfectant spray that is labeled for killing noro. i will feel a lot better when it arrives and I can spray things that bleach doesn't stay on for the whole 10 minute contact time. DH thinks I am crazy, but goodness! Noro is the gift that keeps giving! Maybe he should stop harassing me and read the CDC instructions for controlling noro himself! My friend's family kept reinfecting themselves with noro for over a year until figuring out it was noro and cleaning with bleach. yuck.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, what a mess! :hugs Those people who helped spread it around should be as sensible as you are about keeping things clean and the virus quarantined?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh no! It gets worse! (of course it gets worse! :gig )

I finally finished bleaching my home top to bottom and on the last load of laundry... 3 days of laundry machines running constantly.

I brought DS2 home. He was happy as could be! :love

THEN, DH sends me a text message. his brother - the one who has been taking care of DS2 - has noro now. And then DS2 wakes up from his nap and he is sick. Don't know yet if it's noro or not, but he feels SO bad. As bad as when he had croup.

I'm stripping my bed, bleaching my bedding... second time today. My hands are red and sore from washing my hands hundreds of times plus all the bleach.

DS10 is rocking and singing to DS2 and keeping him on the couch. It's leather - I can bleach it if he pukes.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WOW -- so, so sorry to hear this. No one needs it, especially you with your other issues and trying to care for everyone.

Hope it gets better there. :hugs