Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I messed up on keto and IF on Monday thinking it wouldn't matter. Eww, I felt sick and sluggish yesterday, haven't slept well, my mouth is all fuzzy. And gained >1#. Remind me that it's not worth it. Not even close. I am hoping/intending to make a cream cheese broccoli casserole today. Maybe tomorrow.
You were actually kind of lucky there-- when I slipped off keto one time at a Thanksgiving dinner, I ended up with ferocious diarrhea... I suspect because I'm not used to so many carbs anymore, my Metformin kicked in and that can be a side effect.

Either way, when we end up feeling like this after eating the way we don't want to, it makes it a lot easier to resist temptation in the future, doesn't it?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Either way, when we end up feeling like this after eating the way we don't want to, it makes it a lot easier to resist temptation in the future, doesn't it?

Apparently it doesn't work that way for me. :facepalm:

I have a greenhouse! We put the frame up today. Will put in the panels tomorrow. It's a flimsy little thing, a test-run for if we ever might spring for a big one. I'm excited! I need to start some things for my garden and fill the rest of the space with catnip or herb pots to try to sell. If herbs don't sell, I can put them in my garden or dehydrate them for winter use.

My garden is coming along slowly. Peas haven't flowered yet. They look good though! Garden is almost at tipping point of weeds taking over. Only 1/2 the garden is planted. :/ It's almost time to start a fall garden! :eek:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Yay for feeling better and the greenhouse! When we had our garden nursery in S.A. we sold a LOT of herbs, so I think, hope, it will work well for you.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo for a greenhouse! (even if it is a little one) I betcha once you find out how helpful even a little one is that maybe that will open the door for a big one. :fl

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Greenhouse is assembled. Need shelves and a thermometer.

I asked DH about shelves and he is under the impression that I'll put my African Violets and their shelf out there. o_O :lol: :he :gig so... we'll see.

I got sunburnt yesterday and have been feeling pretty crappy today. Was in bed until 1 p.m. I'm hoping to get something done this afternoon anyway. Maybe plant some trays of something. :D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH and I patched all the cement in the basement. We (DH) had to jackhammer out 2 feet wide and diagonal across our basement to replace the drain pipe. He rented a cement mixer and we got it done in a couple hours. He did the heavy lifting and I did the troweling. It went faster than we expected.

DH is returning the cement mixer and measured greenhouse for shelves. Hoping he comes home with something [that I like]. :fl

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ewww - that sounds like a bunch of not fun! Glad you got it taken care of though. Maybe he'll do good buying shelves. I know better than to send my DH to buy something for me, lol!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had to breakout a basement floor and do plumbing work also - it is so not fun! I got the fun part of mixing the concrete and wheel-barrowing it in for DH to place. Not too much yelling on that job - we were too busy to fuss at each other, lol!

Good luck on the shelves, Yay! for the Greenhouse. I have a greenhouse in the barn, mostly out of the box and sorted for assembly. BUT DH didn't measure twice and somehow made the foundation about 14" too short, so until that gets adjusted, the greenhouse sits in pieces...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH didn't buy shelves. Which is good because he didn't buy 3 foot shelves assuming they'd be good enough. I can only fit 2 trays on a 3 foot shelf, but can fit 4 trays on a 4 foot shelf. I'm thinking bricks and boards will do. I need to see what we have laying around here.

I'm not doing much today - nursing that sunburn. It's really bad for how little time I was outside!! :eek: A little digging and I found out that 3 of the medications I'm on (all OTC antihistamines) can cause photo-sensitivity. I think that is what happened. None of them list photo-sensitivity on their labels or looking online for side effects, but I found medical/clinical sources confirming their photo-sensitizing effects. :confused: I will need to adjust medications or be more careful! or both! I've been stable and doing very well for MCAS, I'm not experiencing allergenic symptoms unless I miss my nighttime antihistamine or sleep in the master bedroom. There's something in that room I react to! I suspect I will be able to reduce some dosages. :fl

Highest priority on my to-do list is grocery shopping. I'm routinely unable to go grocery shopping when I plan to. Poor DH is so annoyed with not having quick meal options. Doesn't help the kids binge on sandwich fillings. Not unusual for a pound of cheese or a pound of deli meat to go missing overnight. :rant Sometimes I wish I wasn't in a rural area so I could get Instacart (grocery delivery). But I would miss the quiet and nature. We have one close neighbor, the four back windows face their house. But all the other windows, no neighbors as far as you can see. I love that!

Latest posts