Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
20201005_110436.jpg

Baymax on the right. Her eyes are sunken from loss of muscle mass. It happened when she lost 20% of her body weight from being unable to swallow and keep food down due to her esophageal dysfunction. 😢

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We have a black Great Dane/Labrador cross. Looking at Boi is like looking at our dog, Carson.
Carson is gorgeous! I've been coveting him! LOL I'm done being jealous now, but my goodness. :lol:

We went for a field trip today. Vet clinic for a blood draw to see if he can be a blood donor. Baymax cannot donate blood. Went to pet-friendly farm store and pet store for socialization, leash training, and figure out what kinds of toys he likes. He likes balls, rawhide, and hooves. Balls and rawhide are perfect - Baymax doesn't like them so there's no competition there. My cat stole the hoof. :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH and I are making picks of what sheep to keep and cull. Auction is on Saturday. I'm holding back a few more ewe lambs and might be ready to sell my dangerous ram this year. I think we can be done breeding him.

I'm fighting through a bout of post-exertion malaise (PEM) caused by dog training. 😅 Boi is developing nicely. He has learned to walk politely on leash at home, near traffic, people, dogs, cats, and in retail setting. He has learned to enjoy teeth brushing, nail filing, brushing, going to the vet. He is learning pre-bath skills like getting into the bathtub at home and at the pet store. He is becoming less reactive to strange sounds. He is loose in the house at night now with no problems.

In training class he has learned to back up out of my space, to get out of the way, to back up out of the way for left turn. These behaviors help so much!!!

He is reacting when I fall, but he doesnt know tasks yet. I fall, he reacts by pacing circles and poking me with his nose. Baymax hears the commotion and comes over and tasks - while Boi is still pacing and poking. 😂

Boi and Baymax are getting along great. No problems, not even over chews and toys. Happy surprise!

He needs a nap after training, and an afternoon nap too. So sweet. All the mental work wipes him out!

I'm planning to do AKC Canine Good Citizen test in a few weeks - if the COVID-19 situation doesnt go to heck. (Its going to heck here in WI).

I cancelled my housekeeping service until COVID-19 activity settles down here. There have been 10x more new cases per day than last month. Its like 100 new cases per 100,000 population per day right now. I'm in a Trump county and most people are not complying with public health measures because they think its political.

I'm staying home. Boi has enough retail experience for now. I'll continue with outdoor, spaced out, masked dog training class as long as the weather holds out.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you do well at the auction. Sounds like Boi is going to be wonderful. Really nice that Bay is picking up the slack when you fall - good girl! What a relief that they get along with each other. An all out fight between dogs that big would be zero fun!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Boi did his first task today! Elevating my legs after a fall. Poor Baymax was confused with Boi taking her place. No conflict between them over it thankfully. Boi is nowhere near reliable yet, but he is willing and easy to teach.

I'm feeling a little less fatigued today. I hope to be able to cook or put up produce today. I canned 4 pints pears last night, froze baked sweet potato, and am dehydrating cranberries.

Next up is freezing butternut squash and finishing a roast. I need to chop the meat, add veggies and liquid, cook until tender and roast off the excess liquid. Like a braise, but I split cooking the meat into 2 phases to make it easier.

DH is off work today. He is putting wood into the basement. ❤ I'm so thankful for all the work he does.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay Boi! And, yay Baymax for still wanting to help. Good for your DH doing the wood. It really does help when the guys chip in.