Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH replaced to motor for the wood furnace blower fan and insulated the basement ceiling. Its unbelievably quiet!

I found the most amazing book that will help with DS13's Oppositional Defiant Disorder behaviors. Stayed up past 3 a.m. reading. I need to re read and commit sections to memory. I also have a new friend who is a behavioral therapist with the same cluster of health problems I have. She is helping me and DS13 work through his autism related difficulties. I'm feeling hopeful!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for DH getting that taken care of. Really hope the book and it's ideas help with DS13's issues. I raised a son like that and he's turned out to be the most amazing man! :love Some of them take their own path and make things harder than they have to be....sigh.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I was able to get a tree order in with the county Land Services department. 25 trees for $25. Different native trees and shrubs every year. I ordered American Plum, Elderberry, and native Black Cherry. 😍

Several years ago, we got hazelnuts, nanny berry and highbush cranberry. Both berries are so sour theyre inedible. Both not poisonous if you can tolerate them! We lost a lot of hazelnuts, but the berries are doing great.

I have no idea where we will plant these new trees. 🤣 I need to research their preferred habitats and match them to our best spots. I'm hoping they can grow near my chicken coop. A neighbor plans to build a house someday and that spot would be where to grow a privacy hedge or forest. Plus theres a water hydrant for watering the baby trees. They will be barely more than a stick, and bare root.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I finally slept well last night. I felt great. And cleaned all day. My house looks decent. But I did too much in the evening and am not asleep yet. Hopefully I can sleep well and start to catch up.

I've been fasting 16 hours per day, most days during this period of poor sleep. Over been eating whatever I want. Its good enough to prevent weight rebound.

I'm trying a new fasting schedule in 2021 that cycles through various fasting and ways of eating. I start OMAD (one meal a day) tomorrow, with ETF WOE. ETF = eat the food, no restrictions. WOE = way of eating. I might spring for fast food if my plan of running errands without children works out. But in a day or two it switches to LCHF (low carb high fat) and all the fun is over until the cycle starts over. :gig From there it goes to keto and 48 hour fasts. I'm not sure I can do that! (Yet)

I'm working towards waking at sunrise without an alarm. Its easiest now while days are short. If I cant wake up early, I cant keep up with my garden.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I didnt sleep well last night. I didnt respond well to the news and had trouble relaxing until it was settled - about 4 a.m. my time. It made for a rough day!!

DH was off work today, so I had a day off too. He fixed and rehung a cabinet that was falling down. He installed a new whole house humidifier. It has plastic housing. Stupid! The last one melted during a power outage when the blower fan wasnt running.

I'm feeling just fine now in time for bed. I'll be using my relaxation techniques in hopes of falling asleep soon. I think its time to buy melatonin.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was a rough day yesterday. I was awake longer than usual and I'm feeling it today. Hope you can get some good rest tonight.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sleep problems continue. I bought melatonin yesterday in hopes that might help me with earlier sleep onset. DS13 and I dragged my old treadmill from the barn up to my bedroom. Moderate exercise is [apparently] more effective treatment for insomnia than any medication.

I'm transitioning into longer fasts okay. I ended one at 38 hours. I wasnt hungry, but I wanted to keep my eating times on schedule - in hopes of helping my sleep schedule.

DS13 has a different rx - 2 of them - to try to help his behavior/psych problems. They havent arrived in the mail yet. His therapy sessions are increased to weekly because his therapist is concerned about his fire-starting behaviors.

DS5 is having difficulty transitioning from winter break to doing school. I dont have energy to do much about it (because, not sleeping enough).