Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I got a cordless stick vacuum for Yule. (retails for $299, I got it for $8.97 after a fantastic black friday sale and rebate gift cards.) It's plastic, looks fragile and I can't imagine paying that much to replace it even though I love it and use it several times a day. So I banned my children from touching it. DS6 is obsessed with it and I gave up.

He also refuses to clean his room. The carpet is not visible.

He is annoying me by vacuuming the floor so I asked him if he wanted to vacuum his room. I said "You might need to move some things, but I think you can do it."

He took the bait and is cleaning his room. :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS6's bedtime is 7:45 pm.

Last night he told me **at 9:30 pm** that he was on the "no sledding list." That's like the "no recess list" except his grade has a field trip to a sledding hill today.

He was on the list for not doing his handwriting practice. So I told him I could help him for 10 minutes. Cue 10 minute tantrum because MR. XX (his teacher this year) uses Zaner-Bloser "circle and stick" manuscript but MRS. XX (yes, they're married, his teacher the last 2 years) used Handwriting Without Tears and I used D'Nealian with him those two year because the strokes are the same and DS6 wants to learn cursive. He "can't" write the way he knows "because MR. XX is THE BOSS!" :gig

uggh. I sent him to bed. Emailed his teacher to let him know why DS6's handwriting has deteriorated since he went back to the classroom, and reminded his teacher about DS6's joint hypermobility and *ahem* he stopped using his adaptive grip and adaptive pens since going back to school in person. uggh. Also messaged DS6's doctor for a referral to occupational therapy because apparently MR. XX is not nearly as good on this topic as his wife. :barnie

This morning, I got DS6 to school a couple minutes early, as usual. It gives us a couple minutes to talk in the car before he goes. He decided he could do his writing the way he was taught, so he finished his writing worksheet sitting on the console and without a hard writing surface. Whatever, no tantrums, I'll take it.

I hope he has a good day! 🥰

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS6's bedtime is 7:45 pm.

Last night he told me **at 9:30 pm** that he was on the "no sledding list." That's like the "no recess list" except his grade has a field trip to a sledding hill today.

He was on the list for not doing his handwriting practice. So I told him I could help him for 10 minutes. Cue 10 minute tantrum because MR. XX (his teacher this year) uses Zaner-Bloser "circle and stick" manuscript but MRS. XX (yes, they're married, his teacher the last 2 years) used Handwriting Without Tears and I used D'Nealian with him those two year because the strokes are the same and DS6 wants to learn cursive. He "can't" write the way he knows "because MR. XX is THE BOSS!" :gig

uggh. I sent him to bed. Emailed his teacher to let him know why DS6's handwriting has deteriorated since he went back to the classroom, and reminded his teacher about DS6's joint hypermobility and *ahem* he stopped using his adaptive grip and adaptive pens since going back to school in person. uggh. Also messaged DS6's doctor for a referral to occupational therapy because apparently MR. XX is not nearly as good on this topic as his wife. :barnie

This morning, I got DS6 to school a couple minutes early, as usual. It gives us a couple minutes to talk in the car before he goes. He decided he could do his writing the way he was taught, so he finished his writing worksheet sitting on the console and without a hard writing surface. Whatever, no tantrums, I'll take it.

I hope he has a good day! 🥰
Poor buddy! That’s very frustrating for anyone. Especially someone who can’t always explain why they are upset. ☹️