Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Boi did it!!! He was losing motivation for food in training. He went to his soundboard and pressed Play. So we did play and he was so happy. We did the rest of the training session with him choosing reward for each rep. I pressed Want. He pressed what he wanted (if his aim is good, IDK). I asked for the behavior and gave him what he asked for. When he didnt reply after I pressed Want, I called that the end. Want All-done.

:celebrate

I did not see that coming!!!

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Boi did it!!! He was losing motivation for food in training. He went to his soundboard and pressed Play. So we did play and he was so happy.

that's so awesome, reading this again makes me smile again. :) (probably why i'm reading it again too :) :) )...

We did the rest of the training session with him choosing reward for each rep. I pressed Want. He pressed what he wanted (if his aim is good, IDK). I asked for the behavior and gave him what he asked for. When he didnt reply after I pressed Want, I called that the end. Want All-done.

:celebrate

I did not see that coming!!!

i would have loved to have seen this live or video.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
He kinda did it again tonight except he only asked for a different reward with buttons twice. It's like he needs a break before he's ready to take more treats. I need to get more buttons soon. I needs an "Eat" button. It's the #1 thing he tries to communicate that I don't have a button for.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I finally sat down with DS14 and walked him through the process of making 11x14 posters on the computer for 4-H fair entries. He gets lost at what step he is at - he has always been like this for anything writing, drawing, constructing, and especially computers. Time to memorize some sequences. He made 3 posters related to dogs on topics that fit into fair entry classes. There are 2 more entry classes for dog project. It's rare for youth to enter poster classes so it's an easy way to get a blue ribbon and a premium ($) - ways to motivate a teenager! His chance of Baymax being healthy enough to be at the fair is slim, and his prospects of winning of winning with a slow-as-mud, inattentive, unmotivated, mostly blind dog is pretty low! So I'm pushing him pretty hard on the educational display entries. Apparently not hard enough because this was the first day he worked on a poster.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS14 and I did 2 more posters. He was a little more independent. He thought of one poster idea on his own (colors and markings of a specific dog breed). That's pretty huge for him to think of a topic. His training topic was on the 4 quadrants of operant conditioning. soo.... I used examples from his life to explain them. He was not a happy camper. :lol: But! I think he finally figured out that his behavior causes outcomes. Please, please tell me we are past "I'm innocent, mom is just mean, and I have no control over anything, I'm a VICTIM" mentality. :fl He understands now. He does not like that he understands. :lol: :fl His dog project posters are done. (He has a list of about 50 other poster entry classes that would be easy for him to complete. We'll keep going, it's helping with his specific weaknesses in his writing ability.)

Then we did his goal setting exercise for dog project. And then adjusted his training checklists (step-by-step training instructions) to fit Baymax and his goals. And trained it. And observed her reactions, and adjusted again.

Somewhere in there we all did housework, DH baked biscuits, and I trained my dog. I'm beat!

"Finish on empty"

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DS14 and I did 2 more posters. He was a little more independent. He thought of one poster idea on his own (colors and markings of a specific dog breed). That's pretty huge for him to think of a topic. His training topic was on the 4 quadrants of operant conditioning. soo.... I used examples from his life to explain them. He was not a happy camper. :lol: But! I think he finally figured out that his behavior causes outcomes. Please, please tell me we are past "I'm innocent, mom is just mean, and I have no control over anything, I'm a VICTIM" mentality. :fl He understands now. He does not like that he understands. :lol: :fl His dog project posters are done. (He has a list of about 50 other poster entry classes that would be easy for him to complete. We'll keep going, it's helping with his specific weaknesses in his writing ability.)

Then we did his goal setting exercise for dog project. And then adjusted his training checklists (step-by-step training instructions) to fit Baymax and his goals. And trained it. And observed her reactions, and adjusted again.

Somewhere in there we all did housework, DH baked biscuits, and I trained my dog. I'm beat!

"Finish on empty"

the truth will set you free, but for a while you may be pissed off.