Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh no he didn't! 🙄 LOL!
I've been noticing big chunks of mushrooms (which I hate) in everything he cooks lately. I think it's intentional. :gig

Uggh. I hate housework when I'm busy. (love it when there's nothing better to do)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I worked on 4-H stuff from 9 - 11 am, subject matter expert stuff from 11 - 3 pm. Took a break for a couple hours, then contract writing 5 - 8 pm. DS6 watched TV all day and DS14 mostly pouted in his room because he wanted to go to a 4-H event this morning but I was too busy to take him.

I still feel like I got nothing done. :rolleyes: I need a few weeks' worth of productive days like this to feel okay.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
if you're both working hire a maid to come in twice a month. do the math. what can you make in 3hrs and split the cost with the hubs. i think you'll come out ahead.
Right?! I have always said "I'm not a maid." Funny that its still stuck in the back of his mind over a decade later.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH has been working a lot this weekend. He is on-call and there is a hospitalized dog that seems to not be doing well. I've been working.

I am listening to zoo ambience and monkey sounds. I was reading a textbook last night and read about habituation. I learned a few more detail about how it works and it motivated me to work on getting my dog more comfortable with exotic animal sounds. He paced for a bit but has stopped responding. Good, we can start "overlearning."

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Aw I hope the dog’s alright. My dogs are used to all kinds of insanity, weird noises and such. Little kids… 🤣they’re weird sometimes!
He hasn't run away yet, but I don't think he's happy with me. :gig

We progressed to hours of truck rumbling, door knocking, dog barking, and DS14 opening and closing the front doors and stomping on the deck and in the mudroom. DS6 joined in with screeching "Daddy's home!!!" and running to the door. :gig

to be continued...