Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Another mouse invasion! DH trapped 3 in the basement and there's one that has been living under my fridge. I chews on ??? most of the day. 4 days. I'm going to lose my mind. I hope I can trap it before it procreates! :barnie

i've yet to find any hungry mouse that can resist a mouse trap with peanut butter. i keep a bucket of mouse traps here so that when i need to put them down around the outside of the house i can put a bunch all at once. even if the mice might lick the peanut butter off a few before they trip one eventually they get a bit too aggressive and then the trap will get them. the most effective technique for the old fashioned snap traps is to put a little bit of peanut butter on top of the trip pan and then put most of it on the underside of the trip pan so they really have to go for it to get at it - that will usually set the trap off.

the next warm spell we get i have to go out and clean out the mess the mice made in the crawlspace entrance (which is covered and has a cement floor but they can still get in there). i checked it the other day and they were just trying to start another nest in there. mouse tracks in the snow are the indicators i normally go by. we hadn't had any since i trapped three mice some weeks ago, but a new one has found the empty territory so they'll try to set up shop if i let them get away with it.

i also tried to get the panel off the AC conditioner to check they had not gotten in there to build a nest again but i couldn't do it and it was cold so i gave up until it gets warmer again.