Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
peanut butter mouse trap prevails! DH set one on the middle of the kitchen floor before he left this morning. of all places!

yep, they can smell it a zillion miles away and if they're hungry they'll go for it.

when my car was playing mouse hotel i'd put a few traps in the car with just a very little peanut butter on them because i didn't really want to attract yet more mice to the car i just wanted to catch the ones in there already. the traps would be licked clean and bare for a month and yet still catch mice once in a while.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Found this:

Rodents such as mice and rats are incontinent (i.e. they have no control over their bladders). Therefore, they are unhygienic and unpleasant to share your workplace with. However, this urine can also contaminate objects if it comes into direct contact with them, or is transferred from contaminated packaging materials.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Found this:

Rodents such as mice and rats are incontinent (i.e. they have no control over their bladders). Therefore, they are unhygienic and unpleasant to share your workplace with. However, this urine can also contaminate objects if it comes into direct contact with them, or is transferred from contaminated packaging materials.
Oh god. sooo the mice in my chicken run need to go. NOW

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Found this:

interesting. I read that mice do have bladder control but they use urine to communicate so they pee so frequently people think they don't have bladders or can't control their bladder. I had no idea that people had opinions about bladders and pee habits of mice! :lol:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they must have some control at times because there is certainly a potty spot they've been using more than the rest of the space where they've been trying to build a nest.