Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS6 has an ear infection. He woke up yelling and crying about 11 p.m. and it took an hour or so to get ibuprofen in him, then we all watched cat fail videos until it kicked in and we could sleep. Looks like I need to get him to a doctor or urgent care to get antibiotic in case it gets worse over the weekend. He's doing okay with ibuprofen now, so I hope he wont need antibiotic.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Doctor appointment handled, and rx picked up. DS6 says it doesn't hurt, and he doesn't have a fever so I'm holding off on ibuprofen until evening or if he gets cranky or says it hurts. Haven't started antibiotics. DH wants to start it right away, but I want to wait at least a day to see if his immune system can kick it on its own. Doctor says there's evidence both ways and that his ear drum isn't bulging so it may be okay to wait, but it might just be starting and get worse. IDK.

I need to finish up some work stuff and urgent 4-H stuff, so my plan was to turn the TV on for DS6. But we're not getting good antennae signal and our internet is too slow to stream today. :barnie

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You get married with stars in your eyes. You have kids. Life gets busy. You and your spouse get caught up in work, raising kids, kids activities, you run from can ‘till can’t. You fall into bed exhausted. This goes on for about 18 years. Kids go off to college, trade school or just move out. You and your spouse are alone. You almost feel like strangers. That little spark that started this whole thing comes back to life and once again, you look at each other with stars in your eyes.

I have to say, marriage after kids is even better than marriage before kids. Once you have survived all that together, you can do anything. Retirement together is even sweeter.

For me, I had a divorce and remarried somewhere in the middle of raising kids. That just made me appreciate my husband even more.
This is the perfect sentiment. I think most people should have a few kid-less years with their spouse as a married couple before diving in head first. I am extremely privileged in my standing on this issue as I can't have children with my partner without medical intervention, I can't imagine the constant fear of an unplanned pregnancy, though I have had a few myself.

I think there is a special kind of love in a marriage once all the kids are gone. You are able to get to know the person all over again.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Doctor says there's evidence both ways and that his ear drum isn't bulging so it may be okay to wait, but it might just be starting and get worse. IDK.
Eh. If he starts to cry give him an ibuprofen. I think antibiotics are overused these days.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Doctor appointment handled, and rx picked up. DS6 says it doesn't hurt, and he doesn't have a fever so I'm holding off on ibuprofen until evening or if he gets cranky or says it hurts. Haven't started antibiotics. DH wants to start it right away, but I want to wait at least a day to see if his immune system can kick it on its own. Doctor says there's evidence both ways and that his ear drum isn't bulging so it may be okay to wait, but it might just be starting and get worse. IDK.

I need to finish up some work stuff and urgent 4-H stuff, so my plan was to turn the TV on for DS6. But we're not getting good antennae signal and our internet is too slow to stream today. :barnie
Our internet was down all night last night, so I understand.

With the ear infection, I hope he recovers soon. So hard to decide on meds, our little one used to get them all the time and I would also wait until there was a fever or she was uncomfortable.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My African Violets have botrytis (fungal blight). I'm down to about a dozen plants (from about 200). I'm going to look at the silver lining here: I have more space for starting seeds for the garden. And when I can get leaves shipped to me (May) I can pick my favorite varieties.

I seem to be allergic to botrytis. Awesome. Can't wait until we get a warm enough day so I can open the windows and do a deep clean!

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Botrytis seems to have run its course. I have 7 survivoring plants on my plant shelf, down from 200-ish. I've been able to stop taking allergy meds.

DS6 recovered from his ear infection and we got another "cold." He tested positive for COVID (one test posotive, one negative). Everyone else tested negative. IDK :hu I dont mind an excuse to cancel a few obligations. I am over the sore throat, just a mild ocassional cough and feeling tired.

Getting sick so much is a wakeup call re: my diet/health choices. I restarted planning and tracking what I eat with Chonometer app.