Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'd be pretty livid and likely would end up in Adult Protective Services (aka jail) as i'd want to lock them up and feed them bread and water for a week. a good reason why i am not and never wanted to be a parent. i'd have no patience at all for that kind of behavior.

ignoring all the stupid things i did myself as a teen so there ya go.

all i can say is good luck and i hope he figures it out and can improve as this sort of radical changes just doesn't seem like he's going to have an easy time of it in life. :(

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i'd be pretty livid and likely would end up in Adult Protective Services (aka jail) as i'd want to lock them up and feed them bread and water for a week. a good reason why i am not and never wanted to be a parent. i'd have no patience at all for that kind of behavior
Sounds like a good plan 🤣 My parents always threatened "stale bread and water" punishment. Never did it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My brother ran away from home when he was 14. Sherrif in the next county picked him and his friend up and put them in jail, called parents. Mom and Dad went straight over, but brother didn't know they were there. Then made a deal with the sherrif to keep him for 3 days and give him a stale bologna sandwich, no condiments, and a glass of water, 3 times a day. He never ran away again!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My brother ran away from home when he was 14. Sherrif in the next county picked him and his friend up and put them in jail, called parents. Mom and Dad went straight over, but brother didn't know they were there. Then made a deal with the sherrif to keep him for 3 days and give him a stale bologna sandwich, no condiments, and a glass of water, 3 times a day. He never ran away again!
brilliant!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Soil temp was 55, so I I planted 2 rows (60 row feet) of onion seedlings that I started. I have quite a bit more to plant. It's hard to juggle weeding and planting. I weeded about 2 hours and DS15 moved mulch for me. I am taking out my lasagna areas because they because a reservoir for quackgrass - can't choke that stuff out by mulching it thicker. Only thing that really works is diligent hoeing, but I can't hoe wood chips. So I'm pulling off all the wood chip/mulch this year to get the perennial weeds under control. I will probably mulch with it end of June to help hold moisture in July and August. IDK. It was time for a change, for sure.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm busy (a.k.a. overwhelmed) enough that setting boundaries is becoming easier. I need to set a boundary with my boss asap, I'm mulling the exact wording in my head until I figure out a way to say it that they cannot argue/manipulate/work around. I'm growing to dislike them quite intensely. I'm nearing the end of my obligations, thank goodness, but I also have zero time left to spend on it. I told her back in December(ish) that I had to be done by the end of March. I didn't expect to lose 6 weeks to COVID, but I still need to be done. She has been changing what she is saying about the project to the point that I'm ready to default on my contracts. I can't have my name associated with some of what she is saying. I haven't gotten paid yet and have been working on is since August 2021. I'm not pleased. I have 3 days to figure out what I need to say. There are two separate issues going on, unfortunately at the same time.

I've been getting hundreds (thousands?) of collection calls for a person who had my phone number approximately 5 years ago. I have informed the agents dozens of times that it's a wrong number over the years. I'm usually patient with the agents because it's not their fault and their job sucks. But I am fed up. I'm taking the company names and threatening legal action for harassment. I'm done.

Aside: my family says "I'm done" is the scariest thing I can say. %&$* gets real.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we went through the collection calls for someone and we used to get messages on the answering machine. we never called them back or answered to tell them that they had the wrong number. finally with this new cell phone we can block numbers and we've not had any calls since.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
we went through the collection calls for someone and we used to get messages on the answering machine. we never called them back or answered to tell them that they had the wrong number. finally with this new cell phone we can block numbers and we've not had any calls since.
Some of these numbers ring through even after I've blocked them. 😑